What's new

Typing on HTF Problem? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I’ll be typing a reply in the text box and all of a sudden, focus is taken away from the text box and I can’t type till I reestablish focus with my finger. This has happened often enough so that I know I’m not fumble fingering. It has happened while typing this post.

I am suspecting ads on the right side of the screen. The one from Grommet is constantly changing it’s content. This is really irritating. I’m using my iPad Pro with a Logitech keyboard.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I've opened up a ticket to inquire on this with our ad network. I'll let you know what I see.
It just happened on my Mac using Safari. And the Grommet ad was again doing its thing. BTW, it was Safari on the iPad pro too.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I think it is related to a specific ad that is running on the screen. Next time it happens, scroll up and see which ad is playing, and report that ad to HTF.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
When I’ve noticed, the ad on the right is a Grommet ad. It typically is kinda squarish with 4 items in it. Each item expands to occupy the whole square in sequence. As far as a screen shot, I’ll try to be prepared the next time.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I have this problem too. Safari on Mac. It seems like it’s ad related but can’t say for sure.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I've been seeing this on Chrome, too - usually having to do with an ad that loads incredibly slow, and once it loads, reformats the page, taking focus away from what I was typing. It seems to have cleared up recently, though.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I've been seeing this on Chrome, too - usually having to do with an ad that loads incredibly slow, and once it loads, reformats the page, taking focus away from what I was typing. It seems to have cleared up recently, though.
Yes, this hasn't occurred recently.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I hate the mobile version of this site on a tablet or phone. The screen is constantly jumping all over the place. I'm forever having to back out of screens I didn't intend to enter.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Yes, this (for me, on an iPad with Safari) notably started being a challenge just a few months ago. It’s a fairly recent development.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I’ll be typing a reply in the text box and all of a sudden, focus is taken away from the text box and I can’t type till I reestablish focus with my finger. This has happened often enough so that I know I’m not fumble fingering. It has happened while typing this post.

I am suspecting ads on the right side of the screen. The one from Grommet is constantly changing it’s content. This is really irritating. I’m using my iPad Pro with a Logitech keyboard.
It’s doing it again. Just spent 3-5 minutes typing a post and it happened over 5 times. Of course while I’m typing this post, it’s not happening. Since I’ve browsed SVS home page, I’ve noticed an ad for them occurring often. Right now its Finetwo, a hand sanitizer and it just occurred. SVS is the bottom ad.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The typing problem is back and it is bad and it really pisses me off. It is definitely the SVS speakers ad. No doubt. I see it pop up and the focus of the curser leaves the edit box. Jeez. Any change you can get them to fix their ad? The problem has happened 3 times while typing this post.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks