tx37 vs 6.3 vs 3802

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Wood, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Eric Wood

Eric Wood Stunt Coordinator

I can essentially get all these for around the same price, 2 new and one off audiogon. I will be using very revealing speakers and want excellent 2ch sound and ease (WAF) of use HT, good bass management. In a year will be getting a tube amp.
    So it comes to whether Pioneer 47tx or Integra or Denon is your preference.
    Thanks

2. stephen_z

stephen_z Stunt Coordinator

Eric,
    Just saw the Integra 6.3 at my SF dealer. This guy carries just incredible stuff for one location... wilson benesch, sehring, jm reynaud, axiom, coincident, triangle, arcam, audio refinement, cairn, creek, naim, rega, ps audio, sim audio, music hall, ayre... it goes on and on. He even had the Shanling CD T100 on display. His web site is:
    www.audiovisionsf.com
    The site may be down currently, since he's in the process of moving to new digs. He caters towards 2-ch sound, but does have a selection of home theater gear. He demoed the Integra 6.3 on 2-ch using speakers and a CDP that I'm familiar with (Triangle Titus 202's and Arcam CD72T) and it made me think twice whether I spent wisely on a Rotel RSP-1066 and RMB-1075. He feels it's one of the best buys for 2-ch sound in a home theater receiver. He seems to have a sense of balance for providing equipment with best performance for the buck.