What's new

TWX81 shuts down when trying to change size... (1 Viewer)

Brian Lipszyc

Auditioning
I've had my Tosh TW40X81 for almost 2 years now and when tring to switch to Theater Wide mode to watch an non-anamorphic DVD, the whole set just powered off and the red light flashed until I unplugged it.
I have 2 questions:
1.) Is there anyway to reset the TV without having to unplug it?
2.) Any idea what is wrong so I can tell the repair shop when they show up.
Obviously something is wrong, as its never done this before, matter of fact it worked Saturday morning, and then started doing the above on Sunday. I needed to have the whole thing checked out anyway since it was making popping sounds after an hour of being on, but I didn't want this to happen. (And my TiVo died on Thursday)
Thanks for any responses.

Mark Hand

Auditioning
Brian,
I have a TW56X81 and had the exact same thing happen about a year ago. I could switch between full/std/TW mode, but if I switched to TW3, the set powered down. Then it started doing the same for TW2 mode. My local repair guy tried swapping the digital convergence board to no avail. After living with the problem for about four months, Toshiba finally came through and replaced the set under warranty. I never did find the exact cause of the problem, but I seriously doubt that there is anything that you can do other than call for service. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Regards,
Mark Hand

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks