What's new

Two words- "Miami Vice" :) (1 Viewer)

Mark E J

Second Unit
I think if you proved to Universal that there was a big enough market worldwide to justify the 2 million dollars for music clearance rights the Recording Industry would just jack up the prices to 4 or 5 million.

There is no logic when dealing the RI, they have become one of the most fascist and out of touch organizations in America.

Remember this is the same industry that used mafia tactics to run Napster out of business at the same time they were illegally fixing prices on CD's.

The same industry that two years ago planed to hack in to peoples private computers all over America at random, then delete any media files they considered suspect without the users permission, and even had the balls to ask the Government for a federal exemption from anti-hacking laws that would have protected the RI from being prosecuted or even sued if they damaged or destroyed any computers in the process.

The same industry that is now filing unconstitutional subpoenas and threatening 12 year-olds with multi-million dollar lawsuits and even prison time if the share their legally bought CD's with someone over the Internet.

The RI has taken copyright law to such draconian and insane limits I doubt we will ever see any music heavy show like Miami Vice in it's original form. :thumbsdown:

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I gave up on this coming out. And with TNN droping the black bar ads. I starting recording the episodes on dvd. But, if Universal can make this happen. I will have my preorder in.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I have two words to say to anyone that thinks Miami Vice will be able to overcome its music clearance rights and come out on DVD anytime soon: Heavy Metal.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Miami Vice will probably never make it to DVD because of music issues. And David Lambert is right about Universal. Universal forced tvshowsondvd.com to remove Miami Vice from their listing which probably means that Universal doesn't want to release Miami Vice because of the higher amount of money which will be required to license the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks