Two week old 3802 acting up

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by rodney wiley, Jul 23, 2002.

1. rodney wiley

rodney wiley Second Unit

Add another to the list of bad units. I came home from work today and nothing, not even a standby light. tried the processor no luck. I unplugged it and let it sit for a while no luck. Any ideas? If not I will be requesting That Chris from 6thave send a replacement and I will send this back to him. [​IMG]

2. Aslam Imran

Aslam Imran Second Unit

Could this be mass hysteria against the 3802 that any slight glitch that happens is assumed to be a problem with the unit even though the problem might be elsewhere? I would do the same if I were the owner of a 3802.

Rodney, not that you might not have already tried this, but did you try to plug it into a different outlet (on a separate circuit) to see if it still doesn't power up? Could be a faulty outlet. Its just my guess as I am pretty bad with troubleshooting HT problems.

3. rodney wiley

rodney wiley Second Unit

Yeah I tried that but the other components are on the same surge protector so I unplugged them all and tried different outlets. To make it worse I have to send it back before they will send me another unit. I have had other e-tailers send me a replacement before I sent the defective unit back. I guess that's what I get for trying to get a deal. This is the last purchase I will make from 6th Ave. I have people coming in from out of town this weekend and I promised them a big show. This is the LAST time I purchase from 6th Ave![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Aslam Imran

Aslam Imran Second Unit

I hope you plugged it directly into the outlet when troubleshooting. Could be your surge protector[​IMG]

5. rodney wiley

rodney wiley Second Unit

Yes I did plug it directly into the outlet but still nothing!

6. Kenny Booth

Kenny Booth Stunt Coordinator

Don't know about Va. but we've had thunderstorms just about every day here in Ga. Killed mine!

7. rodney wiley

rodney wiley Second Unit

Kenny, I replaced a 1082 with a 3802 because of lightning. Yesterday we had no lightning and the unit wasnt even on since monday night!

8. Walt N

Walt N Second Unit

I know I've been guilty of overlooking the obvious, did you check the outlet with a lamp or something to see that the circuit breaker isn't tripped?

9. rodney wiley

rodney wiley Second Unit

I did have to do that because every thing else plugged into it worked!