What's new

Two versions of the 'AVP' cover art? If so which will you be getting? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Kevin, why post in this thread if you have no intention of buying the dvd? I mean why even go into a thread if you didn't care for the film being discussed?

Now, is the outer slip case a see through like I,Robot? Resident Evil: Apocalypse is the same way and i'm really liking them, they just make the cases more visually interesting.

I came into the thread out of curiousity for what the covers looked like. I love these two properties separately (well, wasn't big on Predator 2 or Aliens 3-4) but the combo was far less than what I'd hoped for. Anyway, didn't think much of the covers either so I gave the movie a little jab on the way out of the thread. Didn't mean to offend anyone's sensibilities. :)

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
No, they're cardboard slipcovers in the case of both versions of "AvP" and the 2-disc "Predator 2" SE. I'll be buying "P2" but I wouldn't pay a penny for "AvP". It was a slap in the face to fans of both series and the "AvP" concept.

Jimmy M

Second Unit
The cover I've seen (shown to me by an employee, not on the shelf yet) for the Blockbuster Rental copy has both the Predator (on the left) and the Alien (on the right).

Jimmy!

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, they do actually feature both on each cover, but one is more prominant. This is how it breaks down, definitively:

Widescreen slipcover: Predator in foreground, Alien in background

Widescreen keepcase: Alien in foreground, Predator in background

Fullscreen slipcover: Alien in foreground, Predator in background

Fullscreen keepcase: Predator in foreground, Alien in background

Shad R

Supporting Actor
The movie was OK, but I might pick it up because I'm sure the DTS soundtrack KICKS SERIOUS BUTT!

Jimmy M

Second Unit

No, the Blockbuster cover had each one on the cover, both the same size. It is as if they used the larger head from each cover and stuck them on the same cover.

Jimmy

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks