What's new

two tv outputs (1 Viewer)

Allan Stern

Auditioning
Can anyone help me find a surround sound receiver or other device that will allow me to play two tv,s at the same time from various inputs. The inputs are VCR 1, VCR 2 and dvd. I have two tv's in one room and need to be able to play them at the same time.Please help

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
The Denon 3803 has can output composite video to Zone 2, which is what you need. Some receivers have multi-zone, but only for audio. The 3803 runs about $1000.

AaronBatiuk

Second Unit
You should be able to use the recording outputs from one of the video 'inputs'. The only caveat is that they will not pass through the same source: e.g. if you connect the TV to the video (Recording) output of Video 2, and select Video 2 (connected to a VCR) as the source, that TV will see no signal. The TV connected to the standard monitor/TV output will still work fine.

Alternately, you could buy a video distribution box from Radio Shack or some other place. These will have one set of video and audio inputs, possibly including S-video, and multiple (2 to 8 or more) sets of corresponding outputs, all of which are duplicates of the input signal. Some units may have more than one set of inputs, letting you select the source.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks