What's new

Two Towers Possible Release Date (1 Viewer)

Galen_V

Second Unit
Do you think the EE box set will be the same green like the FOTR EE or maybe a different color? Personally I am hoping for a blue case for TTT and a red case for ROTK, but that is in my dreams.

Kami

Screenwriter
Galen, I think this was mentioned before about different colored boxed. Though TTT's may be a brown/goldish hue instead of green. Blue is what i am hoping for too though.

I'm betting ROTK will most certainly be red..

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Really, that is a surprise. I figured if one of them was to be red, it would be RotK. Factor in the blue limited edition leatherette soundtrack, adn I figured blue was a lock for TTT. Wonder what that means for RotK?

Oh, and Jeremy, does that mean you have the DVD? And if so, when will we see a review?

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
No, I don't have the DVD. I WISH :D
TheOneRing.net posted a scan of the Digital Announce Kit that retailers got this week. There's a link to their story a few posts up. Here's a close-up of the box:

It's like a reddish/brown/maroon color.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Sweeeeeeet! I happen to like that cover art though. I guess the trend they're using for the theatrical dvd's is to use the final poster art for each one. I'm usually in the camp that promotes "less is more" regarding artwork but I do like the covers here.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Jeez you've got sharp eyes Jeremy. I saw the same picture and totally missed the small red border that indicated the color of the box. Wonder if that's final (still not giving up totally on a blue TTT and red RotK :) ).

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Oh, and Kami, we also know that Sean Astin's short will be on there along with a brief featurette on its filming.

Besides that, by looking at my Fellowship theatrical, other possibilities incllude a look at the RotK video game, a brief glimpse at TTE EE (maybe less likely now that we know what's coming thanks to Fellowship EE? on the other hand, we know the kind of docs we're getting but some glimpses of new footage would be great) And by August, I don't think it unlikely that we will also get another 10 minute preview, this time for RotK instead of TTT. In fact I would be more surprised if that preview doesn't show up on the theatrical DVD.

Hmm, interesting thought just popped up. I think it's safe to say that part of hte delay in these DVDs is all the work being done to finalize RotK. Think next year since PJ doesn't have the next movie in the series taking up his time we can get the theatrical in May or June and the EE in August or September? [/bigtime wishful thinking]

Kristoffer

Second Unit
Saw this on the bits: Sean Astin's short film The Long and Short of It, a documentary on the making of the short film.
if this is not on the Exented I might have to get both versions...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks