What's new

Two Towers Possible Release Date (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Vestergaard

Stunt Coordinator
I would not be surprised at all if this date is about right for a worldwide release, although the region 1 release date would be July 1st instead, seeing as June 30th is a Monday.

By releasing it a month earlier they're giving some more breathing space between the two releases, which will perhaps make people who would have waited for the EE buy the theatrical release as well.

(I'll buy both releases even if they were released on the same day, but there are several other threads concerning people's reason for buying both or for buying only one of the releases so I won't comment on that here)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I thought the August release date of Fellowship last year was kind of late.

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Aye, I expect that'll probably be the international date, or at least very close to it. The UK don't tend to get things much earlier than the US, though we had Minority Report a month earlier so you never know ;) Still, can't wait for it, though I'll probably hold out for the extended version because I thought some of the editing in the theatrical cut was rubbish!

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
We can only hope this means an earlier releae of the Extended Edition of The Two Towers.

I'll probably end up buying both. I was only going to get the EE of Fellowship, but when the 2 disc came out and it was only $16, I just couldn't wait any longer to see it. I'm sure it will be the same way with TTT.

TomWoodward

Second Unit
The PR company that deals with EiV (the distributor for Two Towers in the UK) has confirmed with us that the 30th June is the current releasedate, so I would expect the region 1 release around the same time. Goodo!

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
My only hope is that the Two Towers extended release be at the very least on par with the Fellowship of the Ring extended release in terms of breadth and quality.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
According to this news at TheOneRing.net, sent in by "Jimi", here is the complete schedule:
I work in the media biz and today I received a package from New Line Cinema. The contents included the LOTR:ROTK calender (which is one of the coolest things I have ever seen) and a note. It had some basic info and then included some release dates.
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
-Theatrical Cut DVD/Video: Late August 2003
-Extended Cut DVD/Video: November 2003
The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
-Theatrical Release: Dec. 17, 2003
-Theatrical Cut DVD/Video: August 2004
-Extended Cut DVD/Video: November 2004

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
I thought the August release date of Fellowship last year was kind of late.
I thought so, too, but now that I think about it, wasn't FOTR still playing in first-run theatres in March of last year? I think I remember that they started the TTT preview thing on the end of FOTR in mid-March--only five months before the 2-disc theatrical DVD was to be released. . .

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Same here but I may buy the two disc and then sell it by the time the extended cut comes out. I'm just wondering if they're going to be able to fill out the supplements as much as they did with Fellowship.
I just wish it came out on Tuesday this week
:D

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
The only way I'll get the 2 disc in August if it's for free, something like the Blockbuster Rental Card deal. Otherwise, I can wait. And I love the movie, don't get me wrong, I just can't see paying for the theatrical when I know I will only re-watch the EE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks