What's new

Two Towers EE DVD... (1 Viewer)

Phil Florian

Screenwriter

This makes sense, too. He discusses this on the EE commentary (I sincerely hope they have as many wonderful commentaries on the TTT EE, too...very informative and fun).

It makes for a more interesting arc for Aragorn cinematically, too. Sure, in a book it is one thing but for a film, a character has to have somewhere to go.

Phil

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I could have dealt with him not having Narsil till the scene in Rivendell

But he should have had it exiting Rivendell

Paul-Gunther

Stunt Coordinator
No. Cinematically, the sword is symbolic of Aragorn accepting his destiny and his place as the King. He should only have Narsil once he's made that decision.

Jacob_isham

Stunt Coordinator
It's impossible for people not to compare these 2 trilogies with them being released at similar times. But i think if lucas wants to see how to do a CGI character effectivly he should looks at how they've recreated gollum in TTT. When you see all the disaterous looking CGI characters in TPM (e.g. jar jar binks) & ATOTC (e.g. yoda fighting with light sabre), not to mention the rest of the shoddy CGI in the first 2 parts of the new star wars trilogy. Jackson has shown he knows how to do convincing CGI which excites an audience, instead of the fake looking rubbish that lucas can conjure up. Lucas should ask for some tips from jackson and the rest of the LOTR team before he releases a 3rd disapointing chapter of the star wars trilogy (maybe even employ some of the LOTR team). If lucas puts the effort in, he may even be able to rescue the trilogy with the final part. I'm still pissed that lucas hasnt released what i and many others really want to see instead of the crappy DVD releases of the new trilogy. The original trilogy was lucas at his best, now he is a washed up old movie maker, no offence but i wish lucas would give up the ghost lucas and retitre.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
jacob
you will get your wish once EP III is finished
Instead of SW OT on DVD, I want to see his first masterpiece THX 1138 including a commentary. That was very dark indeed.
Oscar
:emoji_thumbsup:

Brenton

Screenwriter
Star Wars said:
I just don't understand it. One would think that someone who enjoys The Lord of the Rings films would have taste for the new Star Wars films as well. I certainly love both. And I think its sad that so many others don't see this the same way.
Do I think of the Star Wars prequels as masterpieces? No, absolutely not. But I think that they are some very fun and exciting movies that I love to watch.
Do I think of The Lord of the Rings as masterpieces? Of course! Wow! They are excellent films, and destined to be film classics.
But does that make me see the Star Wars prequels any less? No. They are completely seperate entities. And it IS possible to love both, like I do.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
What Brenton said.

AotC wasn't perfect, but it was everything I wanted in a Star Wars movie. good special effects, some intriguing plot points, and rocking action sequences. And I for one at least found the vast majority of the CGI in Clones utterly convincing. Same with Two Towers.

Both are great in their own right, and there is no requirement that you choose between them. I certainly am loving both, and a 365 day period that gives us Fellowship of the Ring, FotR EE, Attack of the Clones, and The Two Towers, and 2 out of the 3 on DVD as well as theaters, is one hell of a year.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
absolutely correct and next year we will also see the TTT EE on dvd. Come to think of it, I thought that Dex looks completely realistic as well.
;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks