What's new

Two Towers EE DVD... (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Isn't that Lucas's excuse for holding up any kind of release of SW Eps 4-6? That's he's "busy" with Eps 1-3?
They can do this with LOTR because they shot all DVD supplements CONCURRENTLY with the film, just like George did on Episode 1 and 2. Since most of the kinds of extras he want's to do for Ep 4-6 require massive digging in the archives, he really is too busy to put on the hunt

Tom De Rosa

Stunt Coordinator
I thought this was a thread with people bitching about EDGE ENHANCEMENT on a dvd not even released yet.;)
Anyway, saw it last night and am slightly disappointed.

Declan

Second Unit
saw it again today and thought that jackson could have tightend up the first hour and half..............just so I could get to the Smeagol/Gollium conversation and Helms Deep battle quicker. Treebeard and the Ents did'nt seem as bad this time around. Plus I got a lump in my throat near the end when Sam has his "there has to be some good in the world" speech and you get a little montage of all the battles going on.

But I do think that Smeagol (don't have the heart to call him Gollium) is one of the most significant uses of CGI (yes folks he is only a computer effect, whch is sooo hard to believe), since the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park.

Declan

Second Unit
Treebeard and the Ents did'nt seem as bad this time around
what i meant was that they stood out aa a little bit werid first time around but tonight I really held my breath when Treebeard walks out into Isengard and see's all the devestation.

Just hope the EE DVD will have a load of Smeagol stuff and stunt work/swordplay docs.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Jeff Kleist posted in regards to the Narsil:
Instead of where it should have been, would have taken 10 seconds of screentime before they left Rivendell in FOTR
Except Aragorn is nowhere ready to accept his destiny at that point.

In regards to opening ROTK with the reforging of Narsil can someone provide a link to this statement.

Frankly while I want to see this scene considering the opening of the previous movies the Narsil scene would be underwhelming in comparison.

Kristoffer

Second Unit
What you like the menu to be like??
I would like to see something with Gollum, maybe commenting on every selection you make..Andy would have to record new material for this. What do you think..

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter

When Peter Jackson was on the Today show he was asked that question by Matt Lauer (sp?) and Jackson said it wasn't affected at all. Since they are all considered one long 9 hour movie his approached remained the same for both films so far.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I feel there is plenty of material for two packed discs of extras on the EE (the other one is already set in stone, for the most part).
Ngila and Richard have plenty more to talk about in terms of practical items (costumes, armor, design, new miniatures, Edoras).
Story changes and the reasoning behind them...this is as good of a place as any.
The effects can go to town here: MASSIVE, digital mattes, CGI creatures, Gollum.
Gollum could be his own entity with pre-production insights, casting, recording with actors, without, and then all the digital bells and whistles.
Fight choreography, more on the weapons.
Languages
More location shooting (that was an hour on the first EE) - all new places.
And so on and so forth. Heck, there is still plenty I'd love to see on FOTR alone (deleted scenes).
It will be a very worthy release. Maybe Weta has some surprises for the gift set :)
Time will tell,
Chuck

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I saw the movie yesterday and all i know is i can not wait to own both versions on dvd. Gollum was very well done, the battles were breathtaking and the Ents were also well done

capt

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Except he would have been had they not changed things
But things were changed and Aragorn wasn't ready. Therefore no Narsil scene.;) ;)
Great list Chuck. All I would add is the Howard Shore segment. I'd love to see a much longer feature this time.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
You guys did catch the list of rumored deleted scenes from TTT on TheOneRing, didn't you? If not, here it is again:

• Arwen running up to Elrond's veranda in Rivendell in fear, saying 'You have the gift of foresight...'
• Gandalf the White telling Aragorn at night before Helm's Deep that Sauron 'fears what you may become'
• Faramir discovering Boromir's horn cloven in two as it washes ashore
• Arwen walking up towards the shards of Narsil while wearing a cloak similar to the one which she wears while leaving Rivendell
• Further shots of Merry and Pippin being guarded by the Uruk-hai at night
• Further shots of Eowyn standing outside the Golden Hall of Edoras
• Elrond stating the alliance of Elves and Men 'is over'
• Sam making greater use of the Elven rope given to him by Galadriel while travelling to Mordor with Frodo
• Further shots of Arwen and Aragorn together in the past
• The storyline of Arwen taking part in Helm's Deep, including shots of the Rivendell Elves arriving at Lothlorien and Arwen sleeping under falling leaves, was completely scrapped
• Further shots of Eomer's travels in the hunt of orcs or after being banished from Rohan
• Bilbo discussing the departure of Rivendell with Elrond and Arwen
• Saruman claiming he will soon become 'more powerful than the Lord of the Rings himself'
• Several scenes involving the two hobbits and Treebeard, including Merry and Pippin drinking the Ent Draught
• A beautiful soliloquy from Faramir post-battle with the Haradrim, where he asks rethorically 'I wonder what his name was, where his home is, his family. Was he really evil at heart, or did the Dark Lord deceive him, as he has deceived so many others? What lies or threats led him on the long march from his home?'
• More scuffling amongst the Uruk-hai and Orcs whilst in possession of the Hobbits
• Faramir showing Frodo and Sam a way out of Osgiliath through the sewers
• Saruman's speech that begins 'So Gandalf Greyhame thinks...'
• Ents participating in the battle of Helm's Deep
• Flashbacks to Boromir, Faramir and Denethor together
• Further footage of Frodo's scuffle with Sam
• The Uruk-hai invasion of the caves in Helm's Deep
• Eomer pulling Theodred out of some mud post-battle
• Aragorn releasing Theodred's horse Brego, the horse that would save him later, from it's stable
• A flashback to Boromir's death in FotR
• A council of Elves debating whether or not an alliance with Men is feasible
• Legolas scolding the stupidity of the Elves not to assist the race of Men with their fight against Sauron
• Eowyn about to slay an Orc in the caves - may appear in RotK
• Gimli smoking a pipe while resting on a dead orc - may appear in RotK

Kristoffer

Second Unit
I really hope we get the Gollum gag reel where he talks about auditioning for Harry Potter as Dobby. But his ears wasn't big enough and then he agents call him on the phone..
Did sounds so cool.
Also the The Trailer for ROTK...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I really hope we get the Gollum gag reel where he talks about auditioning for Harry Potter as Dobby.
Does this really exist? Too Funny! :laugh:
And perhaps Gandalf and Saruman complaining about how they were up for Dumbledore and Voldemort, but were passed over as well? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks