What's new

Two Towers - Army Of Darkness - same movie? (1 Viewer)

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
That's funny, I just watched AoD again yesterday and was thinking the same thing.:D
Love that caption with the Gandalf pic! :emoji_thumbsup:

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
To go off on a tangent, I've noticed that TTT shares some similiarities with another medieval film, Braveheart. First, when Aragorn dreams about Arwen, it was similar to when William Wallace dreams about his dead wife. Both men utter the line "This is a dream."
Also, in the Helm's Deep battle, there's a scene where the Rohirrim on horseback charge the Uruk-Hai weilding spears, which reminded me of the English horsemen charging the Scots wielding wooden spears. Except in TTT, the horses don't get gored by the spears.
:D

Eric Bass

Second Unit
Never thought about it before, but they are really similar. Right up to getting pushed back to the highest level for their fortifications before the rescue comes. I wonder if PJ was influenced by AoD or if AoD was influenced by Tolkien or if it's all just coincidence?

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
Helm's Deep does bear a striking resemblance to the Castle of AGGGHHHHH! :D
And did anyone notice the orcs mumbling to themselves "Look if we built this large wooden badger..." Thwacckk!! :D
-Dennis

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
"You, me, and Lurtz jump out of the giant wooden Warg."
"Who leaps out?"
"You, me, and Lurtz.......We could build a large wooden Oliphant"
"ugh"

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
This is great stuff! :laugh: And I haven't even seen TTT yet! :laugh:
I swear I laughed for 20 min straight at Chuck's pic of Gandalf! :laugh:
Can you guys just imagine Ash in the role of Frodo!? The quest wouldn't have lasted very long, Ash woulda just said "Listen up Gandy, screw all this magic ring bullshit" and took the One Ring to the nearest pawn shop!
Imagine that exchange...
Pawn dealer (all mystical sounding with Howard Shore's music in the background)...
"My lord, you are the one, the one who bears the ring of power, the one who..."
Ash...
"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Listen shorty I ain't got all day, what's it worth? It can make you invisible, ya got any other junk in here that can do that!?"

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Arwen: But what of all those sweet words you spoke in private?
Aragorn: Oh that's just what we call pillow talk, baby, that's all.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Hahah, yeah, both Chuck's Boomstick and John Williamsons ring exchange are very funny.
I'm yet to see TTT as well, just watched FOTR for the first time yesterday, going to the theater today with that free ticket inside EE DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks