What's new

Two surprises in the mail today... (1 Viewer)

Mark Fitzsimmons

Supporting Actor
First, my Training Day DVD came in the mail. I love this movie.
Second, my AP scores came. :) I took AP Calculus AB and I didn't try very hard, I got B's through the class. I didn't understand alot of the stuff (or so I thought) and didn't study for the AP exam. I thought it was extremely hard and I expected a 1 or a 2. Turns out, I got a 4! Looks like I won't have to worry about calculus ever again. Go me :)

Todd K

Second Unit
Congrats, man. The weighting of the college credit I got for the AP calc test was the only thing that kept me from academic probation (and possibly getting kicked out) my freshman year.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I got,
The Last Castle
The Big Blue
Tron
The Saint
Alien3
from Columbia house the other day. It's like Christmas all year long when little packages show up like this.
Congrats on the score Mark. I squeezed out out a C in first level Calculus. Just enough to get me thru and never have to return. Of course that was many moons ago. I hated all kinds of math except Trig. I could do that stuff all day long.
Peace Out~:D

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I got the DVD before the movie is completed. It's the Space Balls syndrome:) I'll just pass that one off as a brain-fart.
Peace Out~:D

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I'm absolutely dreading taking AP US this coming school year. From what I hear, it's one of the hardest courses my school offers. How bad is it really?:frowning:

Darren Davis

Stunt Coordinator
Must've been AP day then because I got my score in the mail for AP European History (:thumbsdown: snore!). I got a 4. I was seriously expecting a 2 due to the fact that I skipped about 20 MC questions, and two of my essays were pretty devoid of actual content except for a few trivial things that I seemed to have pulled from nowhere (The Maastricht Treaty? Lech Walesa? But I used the stuff and I guess it worked). My DBQ wasn't too shabby, though.
I've figured out that I really don't like history. Ack, I'll be taking Calc AB next year. Hopefully, it won't be so bad. I happen to really like math.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I had the damndest time getting my college to get my AP scores (or course this was ten years ago). They kept 'losing' the scores AP would sent them. Back then they would only send something like three transcripts free before you had to pay and I burned all three getting my college to take them!

Crappy community colleges (my older brothers did not graduate on schedule so my parents requested I go to community college first since they were shouldering the cost of three kids in college).

AviTevet

Stunt Coordinator
Where I went to school we had to take 4 semesters of calc... calc 1, 2, 3, and 4 (obviously :)). Calc 1 was equivalent to the AB exam, calc 2 was equivalent to the BC exam, and there was no way to AP out of calc 3 & 4 (multivariable calc & differential equations). It was an engineering school, but still... don't most colleges require that you know how to integrate?

Mark Fitzsimmons

Supporting Actor
Integration was covered in my class quite thoroughly and there were integration questions on the AB exam too.
Luckily I'm not going into engineering so multivariable calc and differential equations are a non-issues for me :)

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
This week, I got a couple of cool things in the mail. One, a copy of the paperwork cover letter from the school of education I've been attending saying that I've completed all of my requirements for a teaching license in Virginia. the other was my CLEP score for History of the US I, which I needed for content for my license (4-8th grade/Language Arts and Social Studies.)

Even those of us in our 40's still get excited about grades...

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
I got something weird in the mail last week. It was a hand addressed envelope from a hotel in Louisville. As I walked up my steps, I looked at it and said to myself, why the f*** am I getting something from a hotel in Louisville ??? When I open it up, inside is a postcard from a friend of mine that she sent when she and her husband were moving from Boston to Los Angeles. The date on it ? January 8, 1998 !!! There was a letter of apology as well from the front desk manager. Apparently she put it in one of those slots at the front desk and it must have literally fallen between the cracks. Bizarre.

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
i got one of those scams about exchanging african currency to american dollars in the mail. odd thing was that it was from africa (the president of africa:D) and took several months to arrive.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I just recently moved into a new apartment, so I occasionally get mail for the previous occupant.
The other day I got one from a Ministry that had the following written/printed on the front of the envelope:
"God told me to send this to you"
How come God didn't tell them he'd moved? :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks