What's new

Two SONY PLAYERS AT THE SAME TIME? (1 Viewer)

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
I use a Logitech remote with my system. I use two SONY players. One SONY player is a 4K that will not convert a program to 3D. The "regular" blu ray player is able to convert a program to 3D...by no means is it wonderful, but it is kind of nice for movies such as "back in the day, cheezy movies that they should have made in 3D," but weren't. You know,, rainy Saturday morning fun stuff.

When using my Logitech remote, is there a way to prevent one machine from turning on, when i want to use the other.....of course....other than unplugging? Thanks

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
Thanks for you input all....will covering the IR receiver on the fron to the 4K machine block the signal? If it will, i just can't find the area of the machine where it is located. Can someone help? Thanks!

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I called Sony Customer Service a few months ago because i also have two Sony's and the only thing i could do is to block the IR receiver. Liked Panasonic too where you can change the remote control code and i wish Sony would do the same on their stuff.

nanook

Grip
Real Name
Steve Stuart
If your Harmony remote uses a hub, you could assign the control of one player to Mini Blaster A, and the other player to Mini Blaster B. Obviously, you'd have to isolate each mini blaster's IR transmission range so there wasn't any 'spillover' to the other machine, etc. (And depending on the complexity of your set-up, the function(s) of each mini blaster may already be spoken-for). But... using either the Harmony Precision IR Cables in place of one (or both) of the mini blasters, or other IR kits that can operate with the Harmony Hub, you can add an IR connecting block and mini IR emitters, allowing the flexibility needed for precise control of each player, while maintaining control of the other IR devices in your system, presently being controlled with the mini blasters.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
To find the IR sensor, you can also shine a flashlight on the front panel and you should see a small opening behind it (probably about 2-3mm) where the sensor is.

Or as Scott said, the manual probably shows here it is, but physically finding it will precisely locate it.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
In the past I've used 'L shaped' folded black (to match the player) card, placed on the player top cover and dropping down over the front panel, to block the IR sensor of the player not being used. It worked but it's not elegant.

Now I use players of different brands for region A and region B playback (my reason for two players being close together).

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
Hey Bartman, that was the solution i tried this morning and it seems to work well. You're right it's not elegant but perhaps i can work on it in the future. I took some black construction paper and backed it with aluminum foil and it works! Again, all, thanks for the suggestions.

Artanis

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
I use a Logitech remote with my system. I use two SONY players. One SONY player is a 4K that will not convert a program to 3D. The "regular" blu ray player is able to convert a program to 3D...by no means is it wonderful, but it is kind of nice for movies such as "back in the day, cheezy movies that they should have made in 3D," but weren't. You know,, rainy Saturday morning fun stuff.

When using my Logitech remote, is there a way to prevent one machine from turning on, when i want to use the other.....of course....other than unplugging? Thanks

Bob:
I'm wondering if you could blind the IR on one unit using a high powered LED spot-beam flashlight? Might work.

Could you please elaborate a little bit more on your blu-ray player that converts to sudo 3D? That would be great because, like you, I'm a big fan of the vintage "B" movie stuff. I got a Viewsonic 3D projector that is fantastic and a regular Sony 3D blu-ray player. But I don't believe it does any 3D conversion. Nothing I've found in the manual.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
A long time ago (in video history that is) several manufactures had machines that converted on the fly. They don't do a great job but it is fun with some of the older stuff that i enjoy. I see there is a SONY (BDP 5200) all region machine on AMAZON that does "on the fly" conversions ($189) You simply go to the options, select 3D then choose from there. I am not sure how well other manufactures do the conversions. Hope that helps you. The process gives the old cheezy stuff a bit of "depth" .... as if there is a corner for the evil villain to pop out of ...sort of. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks