Two Sony DVD players --- how do you stop them from competing for remote?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Miguel Stanic, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Miguel Stanic

Miguel Stanic Stunt Coordinator

I have two Sony DVD players on the same rack. How do you stop them from competing for the remotes. I only need to use one at a time obviously but it's a pain when they both power on at the same time or eject, etc when I'm only using one.

2. Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic Supporting Actor

I know some vcrs (I have 2 MItsubishis) will let you switch the setting so that it has different code for the remote (at least maybe for the on/off, don't know if it changes all the buttons' codes. I guess they figure that 2 vcrs are common for people (dubbing, etc).

I've never seen it for cds, sorry. check your remote manual. But my vcr remote actually had a vcr1/vcr2 button on it to control which signal it was sending.

3. Charles Gurganus

Charles Gurganus Supporting Actor

Wellllllllllllll. you could turn the one you don't want to use ON and leave one you want to use OFF. That way, when you go to turn on the one you want with the remote, it will turn the one you don't want OFF....[​IMG] How did I come up with this strange idea? Pronto! [​IMG]

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    If you turn off the power with the button on the unit many of the Sonys, the remote cannot turn the player on.

5. Westly T

Westly T Second Unit

Use a remote control power switch like a X10 appliance module (with the IR interface if you want a IR remote to control it) on both players so you can cut power to the one not in use?

6. Larry Carlson

I had the same problem. I took a small piece of sheet metal (maybe 2"X 5"), bent it at a 90 degree angle, spray painted it black and I place it in front of the IR recieving "eye" on the component I do not want to use. It blends with the color of the DVD player and you can't even tell it's there.

Not that I have no life or anything.

Lar