Two red-push attenuators available

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Brent Bridgeman, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Brent Bridgeman

Brent Bridgeman Second Unit

Brent Bridgeman
    I have two red-push attenuators available (one is by Yerringto, not sure about the other anymore). I recently got an ISF calibration done by Gregg Loewen of Lion Audio-Video Consultants (fantastic job, by the way), and don't need them for my Mits WS-65819 anymore. I'd be glad to send them to someone who does need them. No charge, of course. Private mail me if you want one or both.

2. Mike _V

Mike _V Auditioning

Are these only for use on the mitsu?

3. Brent Bridgeman

Brent Bridgeman Second Unit

Brent Bridgeman
    Not necessarily, but I know the Mits (including mine, before Gregg's excellent calibration) have the red push problem. I really don't know if other brands have the same issue or if the attenuators are "manufactured" with a Mits set in mind. They just plug into the component jack, between the tv and the source.

4. Mike _V

Mike _V Auditioning

I had a red push with my Panasonic TV, and have since bought a Sony, I do not notice a distinct red push, however some Sony models have a rep for exaggerated color.

5. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Are these equivalent to the Radio Shack pots that can be installed on the Red component cable, or are these something more sophisticated?

I have those on both component inputs to my Pioneer 533, and they work well to address the slight red push that I have on the set (not-ISF'd at this point).

BGL