What's new

Two recievers utilizing one set of speakers (1 Viewer)

KyleGS

Second Unit
I couldn't decide if this should go in the Reciever or Speaker section. :)
ANYWAY- I have a sony 5.1 reciver for my HT needs and an HK 3470 for my stereo needs. I have S38's for my mains. Obviously I would like to use them as my fronts for HT and the mains for my stereo needs. How can I wire up these speakers to both recivers? I know there must be something at Partsexpress or radioshack to help me out. What do I need guys?

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
You will need a speaker selector switchbox. Never priced one out before so I'm not sure how much it will cost you. You can probably do a search on partsexpress to see if they have one.

If you have been to Hi-Fi dealer or even Circuit City you will see that they all their speakers and receivers hooked to one of these switchboxes to allow you to listen to whatever setup you need. Their switchboxes are overkill for something simple that you need done. Just giving you an idea what to look for. Just look for a switchbox that takes multiple inputs and has 1 output.

Sebastien David

Second Unit
probably, unless it's of really good quality, and then it will cost quite the bundle...

any time you add any complexity, i.e. additional connections, switches, etc. to the signal path, you're bound to have some degradation.

-Seb

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Your best bet is to try to find a dealer or someplace online that you can try the switchbox out for 30 days and if you notice any loss in sound then return it. If everything sounds normal, then you got exactly what you needed.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Kyle,

Does your receiver have pre-outs? You could (partly) go the separates way then, by using the 3470 all the time!

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks