What's new

Two receivers, one set of speakers (1 Viewer)

Bill**H

Stunt Coordinator
I want to hook up 2 receivers to just my front left and right speakers to A/B the sound of the receivers. I can use a splitter on my Coaxial out on the DVD player, hook one cable to each receiver and run speaker wires from the second receiver to the speakers.

I then could turn on one receiver set the volume to 80 dB, turn it off and turn the other receiver on and set the volume to 80 dB. I then could listen to receiver A for a while, turn it off and turn on receiver B on and listen to receiver B. That way I would know for sure which receiver sounded better, correct? Can I do this with out hurting either receiver? Would the signal from receiver A back feed into receiver B hurt anything if receiver B is turned off?

Hope I explained what I want to do clear enough. I do not want to be unhooking and hooking up speaker wires every time I want to switch receivers. Is this doable?

Thank You,

Bill

TomCW

Second Unit
If both receivers have output relays that open when the power is off, it might work. :star: BUT if both receivers are EVER on at the same time you will probably SMOKE BOTH OF THEM. :star: Not really worth the risk. Get a good speaker selector switch.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks