What's new

Two questions (1 Viewer)

miamiOwner

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
Last night I hooked my Sony DAV-FAX900w 5.1 to my 42" HP Plasma. The sound from the DVD player is nearly twice as loud as that coming from the cable box through the Sony receiver. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong, if anything?

Also, I'm using component cables (RGB?) for the video and one component cable for the digital audio. Would I get better results with one HDMI cable?

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
is you Cable box also connected digitally to your amp?

Check the Volume on the cable box itself.. many cable boxes have their own built in volume and that may be turned down.

If the above is all correct... then that's just how it is... many sources have a higher DB input then other sources.

That's why higher end amps have a feature in which to balance your sources.

miamiOwner

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
Thanks for the quick response. I never thought to check the volume of the cable box. That's probably it. The cable box is connected digitally to the amp.

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Hopefully that will solve the problem. If not it's just something you'll have to deal with. At least it's not the other way around... watching a DVD and then switching over to cable and getting blasted out of the room!.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks