What's new

Two pairs or One?? (1 Viewer)

Joey_V

Second Unit
Hi gang.

I am in a bit of a pickle here, so if you could just hear me out and help me out... I would much appreciate it.

As my signature says, I am a gracious owner of my Polk LSi7 (2 pairs)... however, its that time of the hobby again: UPGRADE TIME.

So, here's what I'm faced with:
(Keep in mind if I sell all my LSi7 on ebay, I can get about 850$ for them.)

1. I could buy 2 pairs of LSi9 for a net output of 350$ (1200-850).
2. I could buy 1 pair of Onix Reference 1 and an SP3 tube amplifier for a net output of $450 (1300-850).
3. I could wait four months and buy the Onix Strata Mini for a net output of $750 (1600-850).

Now, I plan on keeping my subwoofer.... but with options #2 and #3, I dont think I can have a 4.1 system any time soon.... meaning: I'm going to be solely 2.1 for quite some time (boo for movies and gaming on my computer... these are my computer speakers).

So... as you can see, I am one confused person. Any help is needed.

Additional pertinent information:
Receiver : HK330
Sub: SVS 25-31PC+

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
How about 1 pair of LSi9s and maybe an LSi center? Seems like it would be a noticable upgrade for musice, solidify the center for movies, keep cost down, and not go overkill on bigger surrounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks