What's new

Two new Queen CD's scheduled for 2004! (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I know this has been covered in another thread, but Hollywood Records is releasing a new version of Greatest Hits on August 17, '04 to coincide with the opening of We Will Rock You in Las Vegas. There are three previously unreleased tracks included: live versions of "Under Pressure" and "Tie Your Mother Down" and an unreleased version of "I'm in Love with My Car". Then, according to today's MusicTAP, there is a new live double CD, "On Fire at the Bowl" being released on October 26, '04. Unfortunately, there is no info on it at Amazon, Queenonline or Hollywood Records' websites. I'll post details as they become available. And no word yet on the live DVD that is supposed to arrive later this year...

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I suspect that the 'Live at the Bowl' will be the Milton Keynes Bowl (an open air amphetheatre at Milton Keynes, England). A CD sounds a bit superfluous as the DVD of the concert is also due for release this year.

As for yet another manifestation of the greatest hits package, I'd sooner energies were diverted into bringing out more of the really good stuff that fans know is in the archives.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Andrew:

What do you think of the song Brian has on the Spiderman 2 soundtrack? I am not familiar with Jimmy Gnecco (the vocalist), but I would LOVE to hear more! It will never be Queen without Freddie, but I really love this guy's voice!

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Small correction: the article calls it "On Fire at the Bowl."

I also think it will be Milton Keyes, but I prefer the CD to the DVD, so I can listen in the car.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
The live DVD due later this year is of the Milton Keynes show called "Queen On Fire at the Bowl." I'm thinking that the article mentioned previously is mistaken and they simply wrote "CD" when they should've written "DVD" because a DVD is the ONLY thing that's been mentioned. Brian May, on his official web site www.brianmay.com has never mentioned a CD release, only the DVD and the work being done on the audio/video of the concert.

Having said that, I would LOVE a proper CD release of the show. Wembley was released on CD & DVD (the CD was even re-released after the DVD with matching cover art...plus a few bonus tracks.)

As for the new "Hits" CD, I believe www.cduniverse.com has both the album cover and full tracklisting for it. The cover is exactly the same as the *original* "Greatest Hits" album as is the tracklisting except the 3 bonus tracks already mentioned (the 2 live tracks are from the Milton Keynes show and are "teasers" for the DVD. Considering that this CD is a US-only release, the Keynes DVD will be released in the US as has every other Queen DVD.) The CD is also intended to help promote the "We Will Rock You" musical because they sloppily (sp?) added the musical's logo to the album cover. Brian May has said this CD will be a limited edition.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
With Queen, I don't doubt that they will release Milton Keynes on CD. It's a shame that two of the GH bonus tracks are from that, particularly if the show is released on CD.

They really should just make a single-disc greatest hits album spanning from the Queen album (1973?) to 1995's Made in Heaven. That would be a better way to include these previously unreleased tracks than a simple reissue.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone heard the We Will Rock You Cast Recording? CDUniverse also lists that as being released on Aug. 17th. Also, earlier today I started a thread regarding the Milton Keynes DVD. UK magazine "Record Collector" shows a Dec. '04 release date.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Eric, I've heard the UK cast recording of the musical but I don't know if there are any plans regarding any new US cast album (Brian hasn't mentioned it on his web site either.)

Oh and I saw the DVD thread you mentioned and posted a link in it to one that was already discussing the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks