What's new

Two Mules For Sister Sarah / Escape From Alcatraz blu ray? (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Both of these titles have been released in the UK (region B). I am just curious why they have not been issued here in the US? Maybe they will be issued next Summer when typically the new Eastwood titles are released? It usually coincides with Eastwood's birthday.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Escape-Alcatraz-Blu-ray-Region-Free/dp/B00BNW0DSI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=103GDWMT1VIGH&coliid=I2NV9UT81WUX3V

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mules-Sister-Sara-Blu-ray-Region/dp/B00BR1EZ48/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=103GDWMT1VIGH&coliid=I2OI1O0UOVY8MC

Has anyone imported the titles?

Thanks!

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
I have both of these along with "Rooster Cogburn", "The War Wagon", "Joe Kidd" and "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance", all region-free, in my cart right now. These should be identical to their eventual US releases (I anticipate all these to be released in the US in 2014, trailing the UK releases by a year as usual). I've bought several UK region free releases and have been very pleased.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
atfree said:
I have both of these along with "Rooster Cogburn", "The War Wagon", "Joe Kidd" and "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance", all region-free, in my cart right now. These should be identical to their eventual US releases (I anticipate all these to be released in the US in 2014, trailing the UK releases by a year as usual). I've bought several UK region free releases and have been very pleased.
Good to know. I may wait for the US releases next summer.

Interesting that they release the title in the UK first..

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
JohnMor said:
Will definitely pick up Two Mules since it's region free. :thumbsup:
One of my favorites of Eastwoods. I'm not a big fan of his US Westerns. The Leones are my favorites. I do like Two Mules thought. Nice that Morricone was back again on that one too.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Osato said:
One of my favorites of Eastwoods. I'm not a big fan of his US Westerns. The Leones are my favorites. I do like Two Mules thought. Nice that Morricone was back again on that one too.
Mine as well. I do like the US westerns a lot (save for Joe Kidd), but love the Leones. And I love Morricone's score for TMFSS.

Now I'd love to get a good blu-ray of The Beguiled.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Escape From Alcatraz was supposed to have a standalone US release this year but never materialized. I guess it's time to import.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I have the Two Mules disc. The colors are magnificent but there are a lot of marks etc on the print. I imagine it would have been easy to remove them digitally so I'm surprised no restoration/clean-up was done. On balance, I'm pleased with the disc.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Robin9 said:
I have the Two Mules disc. The colors are magnificent but there are a lot of marks etc on the print. I imagine it would have been easy to remove them digitally so I'm surprised no restoration/clean-up was done. On balance, I'm pleased with the disc.
Thank you for the review!

I may have to import it. I doubt they do a different transfer for the US release..

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
mikeyhitchfan said:
I'm sure it looks the same as the U.K. version, which is very good.
Mine copy showed up in the mail today. I'm hoping to have some time to watch it shortly..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks