What's new

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Tell me if you’ve heard this one before: A nun, a bandit, and a mule walk into a bar… That’s the setup for Two Mules For Sister Sara, which has Hogan (Clint Eastwood) rescuing nearly naked damsel in distress Sara (Shirley Maclaine) from outlaws intending to rape and torture her in the middle of nowhere in the Mexican desert. Upon her rescue, Sara puts on a nun’s habit and explains that she’s a nun supporting a church outside a French outpost (set during 1860 when France occupied Mexico). Hogan presses her for details, and then explains that he has accepted a bounty to raid that same outpost and claim the treasury France is using to finance the occupation. Sara too is no friend of the French, she’s wanted for helping the Mexican resistance. The unlikely duo team up and the results are literally dynamite, both in the chemistry between them as this turns into a buddy movie with Hogan’s romantic interest in Sara stymied by her vows, and real dynamite used in two great set pieces: First...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PMF

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched the U. K. Blu-ray disc again yesterday. (It's been out for years) I've never much liked this film. I find it all so routine and ordinary.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
"... this is a front heavy mix with notable flatness from the audio during the action sequences."

Its mono. What were you expecting?

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
This improves on the previous Blu which looked decent but had way too much DNR smoothing out textures and grain.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks