What's new

Two identical subs or tune them differently? (1 Viewer)

Ron D Core

Stunt Coordinator
I have two PE 250W plates amps, and will be buying either two BPD 1201's or 1001's. I want to make sonosubs with them. Im at a loss with my design though. I want a really low extension but I also want a good transient response. I was thinking about doing one EBS with a 1201 and a sealed one for the 1001 maybe. This will also determine the design for the mains. I will be running a couple 8" midbass/mids in a two way MTM. I haven't decided whether to do a ported EBS or sealed for those as well. These will be in an apartment room until I graduate, so size sort of a concern but its way down on the list. Any suggestions?

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Ron,

I have not looked at either of these drivers from a ported standpoint, but did run some sims for the 1001 sealed. IMHO, if you want a small, sealed sub with good transient response (low Q design) the SV10 is the best 10" driver I know of. Of course, after June 30th they'll no longer be available.

I directly compared the SV10, Blueprint 1001, and Dayton Titanic 10 MKII. While the Blueprint and Dayton are more efficient and have more output from 50Hz up (2-3dB more), the SV10 had a lower F3 and 2-3dB more output at 20Hz than the other two.

When I think of a small, sealed, low Q sub with fairly flat response, the SV10 is the only driver that comes to mind.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks