What's new

Two HK PA2000s or Signature 2.1?? (1 Viewer)

Girish

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
girish
I am looking for a four or five channel amplifier for my HK AVR500 to drive the front(Infinity IL60) and bose(will change them shortly) and the center(infinity IL-25). The sub is Infinity IL120(500 watts powered). The two options I was considering were either two HK-PA2000($200 each at onecall) or one Harman Kardon signature 2.1 used from ebay(can be had for $400). Which is a better option. Presently I am using an old Kenwood four channel amp which is 50 watts per channel.
Thanks

Girish

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
girish
Thanks for the input Jerry. Would the HK AVR500 serve good as a pre/pro or I shall I consider a signature 2.0 pre-amp too?. I would rather hold on to the AVR500 if the difference is not much in terms of sound quality.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I cannot make a comparison since I've never used the AVR5000, but I do own a Sig 2.0, bought from a HTF member nonetheless, and really dig it. I have it paired w/ a Parasound 855A and the sound quality is extremely good. In addition, configurability is outstanding, with just about every conceivable parameter available for adjusting. The Sig 2.0 does NOT have any component-video switching capabilities, so this may be a concern.

However, beware that there are quite a few bug issues w/ the Sig 2.0. I've only had one minor incident with mine, but some other users have reported quite a few problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks