Two drivers need a new home

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Adam-S, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Adam-S

Adam-S Auditioning

I have two rcf L18p540 drivers lying around and would like to build a new enclosure for them. I have them in simple ported cube enclosures right now. I like the design that Eric Eash used for his sub. I realize that the dimensions would need to be altered for the enclosure but the basic design and internal structure should work for my drivers shouldnt it?

2. Adam-S

Adam-S Auditioning

The "Project turn that s*** down" sub....sorry if i was a little vague...any help would be appreciated

3. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Supporting Actor

Go to http://www.linearteam.org and download WinISD Beta. It is in perpetual beta form so it's free, but it works well. I use it and get great results. Plug the Thiele-Small Parameters for the RCF driver into WinISD, and begin playing with box types. You will want a vented box, and for two 18" woofers I would say nothing less than a single 8" port, or two 6.5" ports. I'm not sure, but you might be able to make the RCF subs downfiring, with a solid base (called a plinth) instead of firing directly into the carpet. If you go that route, though, make sure the sub is 6" off the ground so that there is plenty of space for the air to move.