What's new

Two cheap subs vs one good one. (1 Viewer)

EdNichols

Second Unit
I have a cheap ($150) Kenwood sub that I bought a few years ago and now that I have upgraded my other speakers I am ready to look at the sub. This sub sounds pretty good for music but bottoms out for low freq. movies at moderate volume. Since I can get another one to add base for movies pretty cheap is that a good alternative to buying a bigger/better sub and just having it do the work vs two cheap subs? Anybody tried this and got an opinion?

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
two cheap subs wont give you the extension that a good sub will. chances are that you are missing all the information below 30-35Hz with your current sub, and getting a second one cant fix that.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Yep - Get one good one and you won't have to worry about getting the 2 to play nice together.

Chip E

Screenwriter
Grab yourself one GOOD sub and start hearing the LFE you've been missing.. I recommend something from SVS, Adire Audio or HSU to get the most for your money. :)

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Ed:

Go the good + used route-ck out the classifieds in this forum. Most likely you'll find a excellent used powered sub for $400 to $500 range. Yes, it's probably about double what you'd pay for one cheap sub...but you won't want/need to upgrade for a long, long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks