What's new

Two Channel Audio Test CD (1 Viewer)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Friends,

Those of you who have been involved in the more technical discussions on jitter on this board (hope we did not put anyone to sleep) ;) may recall that I have been planning a recording project to show the audible (or not) effects of using a master clock to lower jitter. I wanted to provide an update as it is taking a bit longer to create due to some big deals at work that are requiring lots of my time.

Here's where we stand:

1. We have worked out the methodology and have the team in place. We will likely record at 24/88.2K and downconvert to 16/44. I am exploring the costs of producing a 24/96 disc.
2. We have secured an excellent classical guitarist to record and are presently looking for a pianio player, flute player, and drummer.
3. We have enlisted the help of some brand name engineers to assist us.
4. We are beginning to get a handle on the "artists rights" and other legal issues.
5. We are looking for the right recording venue.

Our goal is to start recording in September and try and get the disc out the door in October. We are being careful enough to select good music that may serve as good listening in addition to the test tracks we may have.

I will be back with more information in a few weeks. :)

WadeB

Stunt Coordinator
Just seeing that you were from Alpharetta made me think of Spivey. That and the fact that you were using calssical musicians. I've been there once, long ago, to see Branford Marsallies. It is an amazing place. I should get down there again soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks