What's new

Two Big Game Countdowns (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Apparently, tonight Ubi-Soft is going to announce something about Splinter Cell.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/...s_6026291.html
I'm guessing it's either a spinoff, Director's Cut, or add-on for the X-Box Splinter Cell that includes online play and additional missions. Could be anything though, I'm just guessing.

There's also an as-of-right-now-8 Day countdown until an announcement from Konami about (what appears to be) another Metal Gear Solid.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/m...s_6026310.html
Cool.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I'm looking forward to the next Metal Gear. Hopefully, Konami will take a few lessons from Splinter Cell and add a free-moving camera. I also prefer the SC stealth-meter versus the radar cone vision of MG. I'm hoping that the new metal gear will set a new bar for PS2 graphics. I'm looking forward to all of the E3 reports.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
i just sold splinter cell.. how fricking cool would online splinter cell be.....
That would be so great! I really hope that this announcment is about that. It makes you wonder what is this announcment about though. I can't wait.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
There were rumors of that add on for splinter cell a month or so back. Hopefully its true. How awesome would that be

capt

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I honestly don't know how you could put Splinter Cell online and have it be even halfway playable. The game mechanics just don't lend themselves to it, much in the way that the Thief series on PC didn't make sense as a multiplayer game. All of this, of course, IMHO.

A Splinter Cell sequel, however, would be cool.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
If they tweaked the engine, it could definitely be online. Like a stealth oriented version of SOCOM with much better graphics.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Game companies cant even get there count down announcements up on time. Geez

capt

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
I read an article on IGN a few days ago, where they were talking about a new Splinter Cell. They gave no info on it, other than a title, and I can't remember what it was. I can't even seem to find the link for it either.

I'm going to keep trying to dig around until I can find that link...

This wasn't the link I originally found, but it'll do:

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/394/394476p1.html

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
When's the next Splinter Cell downloadable level for the Xbox due? Is there more due?

Craig.Ki

Auditioning
I was thinking the Splinter Cell announcement would have something to do with an add-on that would introduce online play. I can't for the life of me remember where I read it (magazine, web site?), but I remember reading some speculation about a Splinter Cell 1.5....which if you remember the Halo online rumors, was referred to as 1.5, also.

Then again, those rumors turned out to be completely false...

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
I doubt it's going to be an add-on. From what I've heard it's basically a new game, just using the same engine and a lot of the same assets from the last SC, hence the "1.5."

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Shame on UbiSoft for not having the integrity to update a friggin HTML page after they took the time to even set a countdown.

What are they thinking over there? How can whoever is in charge of marketing/PR even allow this to happen?

:thumbsdown:

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Hi Everyone,

We understand that you are very anxious for the announcement and have been patiently waiting. We are sorry to let you down but there will be no news today. Stay tuned and we'll have more news in the coming days.

The Splinter Cell Team
What was the point? it was really stupid of them to hype it up like that.It better be a good announcement when it comes out. :angry:

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
FEH. I just lost all my excitement. I guess they need to further test and debug the text file that is to be used as the announcement. :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
That does suck. I was looking forward to something interesting, they probably held it back for E3.

There's still the Konami countdown...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks