What's new

Two 5.1 Players/only One 5.1 Input!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Mike_Pal

Agent
It sure is tough to find a switcher that will handle 5.1 analog .....I have a Denon 3800 DVD Player, and it plays DVD-Audio, and I want to get an SACD Player( not too expensive...Sony DVD755 )....so, I would have 2 sets of 5.1 outputs and only have one set of 5.1 inputs.....
I have seen a Zektor switcher for about $450.00.....a little pricey for a switcher......I am supposing some of you out there have also run into this problem....
Is a trip to Radio Shack in order???? Would it work to use a couple of their $15.00 A/V Switcher/Selectors....someone told me I could use the composite video plug as an audio plug, that way I only need 2 Switcher/Selectors instead of 3.......
There must be a good demand for such a switcher.......
How are others handling this problem????:)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
You have the options nailed down.

In addition to Rat Shack, MCM Electronics sells one that has much better build quality, although its a few bucks more.

Sonically, there should be no difference between the cheapies and the high dollar Zektor.

Also, Shawn Fogg makes one which I have seen mentioned for about $250 or so. Don't have any contact info on that.

BGL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks