What's new

Twisters (Twister Sequel) (1 Viewer)

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I often find myself on the outside of threads like this as I have a weakness for low brow entertainment and escapist theater. Really never been a fan of dramas or movies about the human condition as I live that stuff everyday. That said, I enjoy this film and would happily watch a sequel.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
I often find myself on the outside of threads like this as I have a weakness for low brow entertainment and escapist theater. Really never been a fan of dramas or movies about the human condition as I live that stuff everyday. That said, I enjoy this film and would happily watch a sequel.

I don't think it's a weakness - entertainment is entertainment! There's a place for both escapist and human condition films, as long as they're entertaining (my #1 priority when watching/assessing a film).

As an aside, my wife hates puns, which are often considered "low brow" humour. But I love puns and wordplay (which can be quite clever) as well as black comedy, physical comedy, and clever/intellectual comedy (from the likes of Steve Martin, who himself is not averse to silly or physical humour, either!). As long as it makes me laugh, I'll take any kind of comedy!

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member

I first noticed Glen Powell (and quite liked his portrayal of John Glenn) in Hidden Figures (2016).

He’s making quite a name for himself starring in films with plenty of airborne activity (Hidden Figures, Top Gun: Maverick, Devotion and now Twisters). Good for him!

Last edited:

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
I first noticed Glen Powell (and quite liked his portrayal of John Glenn) in Hidden Figures (2016).

He’s making quite a name for himself starring in films with plenty of airborne activity (Hidden Figures, Top Gun: Maverick, Devotion and now Twisters). Good for him!
Airborne activity… cows?

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
First poster

GGGJqq5aEAAtbnX

YANG

Screenwriter
Looks like a remake rather than a sequel. Not impressed.
well... to be fair... the title had gone "PLURAL".
so double the effects(on sound design especially), double the thrills, double on the terror of flying animals? previously, with majority of theaters fitted with 5main/7main channel systems to bring 2 cows flying around. maybe this time with Atmospheric channels, will there be double of cows? or storm picked up not only cows but also sending pigs to fly? how about horses?

however... one thing doesn't change, which is the "competition" between storm chasers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks