What's new

Twister music question (1 Viewer)

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
My girlfriend is looking for a song featured in the movie Twister. It's not on the soundtrack, and doesn't seem to be listed in the credits. Here is what she is looking for, in her own text:

If anyone can tell us what this is, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Rudy

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
YES! I do indeed know what this song is, in fact when I first saw the movie I knew the song instantly from the movie Mallrats and IT IS on that soundtrack. The song is called BROKEN by the band BELLY. I hope this is indeed the song. While Helen Hunt is showering, Correct?

Steve Peterson

Stunt Coordinator
Be careful. There are 2 "soundtracks" for Twister. There is an orchestral soundtrack and the "popular hits" soundtrack. You'll want the latter to get the song you want.

Steve "Twister is guilty pleasure." Peterson

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
Jason, it's actually the song that plays before that song in the shower. It plays in the background while they are serving themselves to eat. It plays all the way up to when they watch the interview on tv then it stops. It sounds like a male voice and he keeps repeating the words "All right". She's even checked the remaining songs listed in the credits that aren't on the soundtrack, and she insists it is not listed.

Steve, she does have the popular hits soundtrack.

Once again, thanks for all the help.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
That's gonna be kinda tough to i.d., IMO. Rudy, how/why is your g.f. so sure that the song is not listed in the credits to the picture?

For instance, neither the Joe Diffie nor the Edwin McCain cuts are on the s'track CD. With the caveats that I'm not familiar with these songs offhand and I have not watched the entire film in a while (I just peeped the scene in question and looked at the music credits crawl; perhaps she is readily familiar with the two cuts and can thereby definitively say that it is neither of these), I do have to ask how is it she is so sure that it's not one of those cuts ("She Ain't Comin' Back" and "See the Sky Again," respectively)?

-p

Seth_L

Screenwriter
After reviewing the DVD, and the Soundtrack CD I can say it's not on the soundtrack. However, I don't know if it's in the credits for the movie or not.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Well, you can tell your Girlfriend she's at least partially wrong. The lyrics match up to the chorus of Edwin McCain - See the Sky Again. Here's a mp3 that I cooked up out of the DVD.

http://stereodude.cjb.net/twister.mp3

Lyrics of the chorus from See the Sky Again: Which is exactly what you hear in that track.

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
Paul, she said she downloaded the songs off the net, and neither song was it.

Seth, thanks for the info. I'll send her the link to the mp3 so she can check it out.

Once again, I appreciate all of you guys for doing this.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Rudy, I think it's different version of the song. The short snippet I could get from Amazon sounds different (stylewise).

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
Seth, my girlfriend and I thank you very much. She is very grateful to find out what the song is and now just needs to find the right version of the song. Thanks once again to everyone that helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks