What's new

Twisted metal black (1 Viewer)

ryan_m

Stunt Coordinator
This is THE reason to own a PS2 IMO. I can't wait!
I loved the first and second twisted metal....while I hated 3 & 4.
Is there anyone on the PLANET that liked 3 or 4 better? What a HUGE disappointment those were. It's so awesome the original team is back. From all i've seen on various games sites it's going to kick ass. Oh and the online add-on version that will be out in the fall, can't wait.

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Certainly not me! TM3 and TM4 just plain sucked! 989 studios completely ruined the series.
Have you guys noticed that on the newer "Greatest Hits" copies of TM2, that 989 Studios now has their logo plastered all over the case and CD itself??? What a bunch of losers...trying to take all the credit for a SingleTrac creation.
Aaron

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I don't think Twisted Metal Black will be out before November, why? Because why would they release a game that uses the new fancy Broadband/Modem adapter for Online play? They won't they will probably hold the game until the day the adapter comes out, which is also supposed to be the same day Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 comes out!!!!

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
All the ads say this week, so it would be quite a change to delay it to November.
-Dave
------------------
DVD List

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Yes, all of the ads say that it will be released this Thurs. I'm seriously considering picking up a PS2 with Twisted Metal Black and Red Faction. There just hasn't been anything new to play on my DC for a while.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Tim, I'd rent Red Faction first. Some love it, I thought it was a second rate Half-Life knockoff. Although it is a very good demonstration of lack of texture variety on the PS2.
wink.gif

-Dave
------------------
DVD List

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I don't think Twisted Metal Black will be out before November, why? Because why would they release a game that uses the new fancy Broadband/Modem adapter for Online play?
Because they want to sell the game to you twice, that's why. SCEA/989 announced a few months ago that there will be two versions of the game on sale: in June, a 'non-network' game - which is due out this week & was heavily advertised at $49.99 in the shop ads yesterday, followed by a 'network enabled' version of the game, sold seperately, in Novemeber.
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
989/SCEA can kiss my ass, noway in hell would I buy a game and then rebuy it later just for on-line play....the onlything that could make me buy this is if Singletrac developed it and it included a demo to Warhawk 2!

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
The concept is, at least, not unfamiliar...
You've never re-bought a DVD for additional extras?
wink.gif

------------------
"It's finger Ling-Ling good!"

ryan_m

Stunt Coordinator
Twisted Metal Black will definitly be out this week, on Thursday (i've read some stores will be selling it Tues and/or Wed). From what I've read the online version will require you to own TMB. Because of that I can't imagine they are going to make people shell out another 50 bucks (or 100 bucks at one time) just to play online. It's kind of like an add-on, not a whole other game. So using the DVD comparison, it's not like re-buying a disc for the new features, it's like buying the 2nd disc of a 2 disc set at a later date.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Dave F - I did it! I picked up a PS2 today with Red Faction. Yea, I probably should've rented it first, but all of the reviews I've seen have praised it. I'll be picking up a few other games soon, probably including TMB. Any recommendations? SSX and Onimusha are both on my list although I hear that Onimusha is a short game. Might be better to rent it.

Todd_B

Second Unit
Link Removed
Here is a great review of the game. I'm not going to cut and paste it because the guy did such a great job. Now I can't wait until I pick this one up.
Todd B
------------------
My Disks

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Kelley,
"989/SCEA can kiss my ass, noway in hell would I buy a game and then rebuy it later just for on-line play....the onlything that could make me buy this is if Singletrac developed it and it included a demo to Warhawk 2!"
Well, first of all 989 did not develop this game. Incognito did...Incognito is comprised mostly of the same crew responsible for TM1 and TM2. Second, I don't think Twisted Metal Online will just be the same game with online play. I heard it was being designed sort of like an add-on. I think you have to own TMB for TMO to work (at least that's what I heard). So I'm guessing it will likely have some new levels and maybe even a few new characters when it's launched.
Either way, I'll buy both...it's been too long since TM2 was released (the last good TM game).
Aaron

Spencer J

Grip
With TM:B and GT3 both coming out within 3 weeks of each other, I feel like an 8-year old kid on Christmas Eve. Bring 'em on!

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I still think its pretty wrong of Sony to not wait on the BBA to be released and just release one game, does anyone know if they will offer a replacement or a discount for those who purchase this game and then want the later version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks