What's new

Twisted Metal and why I'm mad at EB (1 Viewer)

ChrisV

Second Unit
Alright, first let me say that Twisted Metal: Black is a great game, and a must have for the PS2. Great graphics, great sound, and deeply twisted characters and storylines. Unfortunately, I had to wait an extra four days to get my hands on it. I live in Canada, and Electronics Boutique was the only store in my town to have this game on its launch date. Their price: $79.99 Cdn. This equates to approximately $53 US. Knowing that this is too much for a PS2 game, and finding that Future Shop's price would be $66.99 (approx. $45 US), I was forced to wait the four days to get a copy of TMB. This is not the only instance of price gouging perpetrated by EB. They sell most of their used games for what other stores sell the games for new, and all of their PS2 games cost more than everywhere else. I choose not to shop there, and I hope other Canadians will join me in not using their stores for their gaming purchases. Or at the very least, look around first to make sure they are not being ripped off. Hopefully EB will get the message.
Sorry for the rant.

Peter_A

Second Unit
I bought it at EB, for $74.99, and then went back 3 days later with a Future Shop flyer and got them to adjust the price. They have a ten day price protection guarantee. Granted, EB may be more expensive, but you just can't beat their 10 day return policy, which is great if you end up buying a real lemon of a game.
------------------
Peter
"If rubbin' dirt in your crotch is wrong, hey I don't wanna be right" - Futurama

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
TMB was $52.99 at the EB here. Of course, I got them to price match Best Buy, so I only paid $49.99, but it sounds like their price was in keeping with what their other stores charge.
I consider the price reasonable if you absolutely have to have something on release day. If you want it cheap, you'll have to wait. If you want it now, you pay the price...
------------------
"If we blow up, whatever's left of me is kickin' your butt."

Rob V

Auditioning
Like Peter said. Just buy any game on launch day at E.B. and get them to match the price from the cheapest alternative later! I do it all the time . No prob!!
------------------

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I thought that all EB stores across the U.S. had the same prices? I bought TM:B on the 20th from EB and it was $49.99, the same as their web page.

Nathan A

Second Unit
I think that EB is probably the best place to buy games. At least the one in my neighborhood is. They're among the first to get new releases, their prices are good (only beaten by other store's sale prices occasionally), they've got a great preorder system, and they pretty much always get any game you'd want. Plus their return policy is great. Gamestop is terrible...games are always at least $5.00 (US) more than everywhere else and they've got a 3 day return policy. Three days!
I also like when Target puts games on clearance.

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
I live where there is not EB and I wouldn't mind paying an extra five bucks to get it near launch. The last time Toys R Us got a game when it came out was Oct 26 and they only had six games on the shelf. Canadian Tire gets some games first.
I bought Star Wars: Starfighter for $80 at CT and then saw it at Costco for $65. I bought the Costco one as well and returned it unopened to CT with the CT receipt. Got it first for the better price.
jeremy
Still no TM:B in town here.

Users who are viewing this thread