What's new

Twin Vel. HGS-18 performance for $800?!!! (1 Viewer)

Richard Burzynski

Second Unit
That's no good for simpletons like me.
:frowning:
I must have read it wrong. I thought it was a finished sub product, like the Dharman.
Da*n! (Self Edit)
Rich B.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Well, the Tempest is $150, the PR-15's are $90 each (you need two), and the HS500 is $549 so that's a total of $879 if you bought them individually. I think Dan was merely referring to the size enclosure you'd need to build.
But for a price of $800 of only $800 in parts you could have the enclosure built for you and still come out WAY cheaper than dual HGS18's! Aren't they around $2500 or so each? You could build this thing for less than half that.
Brian

Richard Burzynski

Second Unit
I agree that pricewise it's way cheaper, but, no, I can't build them, as I can't build anything.

That's the dilemma.

Maybe Dan can be talked into offering a finished version one. What do you think?

Rich B.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Rich,
That's what I'm saying. You could have someone build you a custom enclosure and still come out well under the price of a single HGS18. Hell, Dan's done the hard part of designing the sub. You just need someone that can follow a set of plans and build and finish the enclosure.
Dustin,
Well, I wasn't dropping hints but yes, I'll build and ship anything for a price! We've got a guy who will build a crate to ship anything really large if someone's willing to pay the shipping charges. :)
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks