Twin Towers in French Connection -- where?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Vivona, Oct 12, 2001.

1. Steve Vivona

Steve Vivona Auditioning

Hi all,
    I recently saw a thread saying there was a shot of the uncompleted Twin Towers in the new French Connection DVD and was just wondering if someone could tell me about where that occurs in the film?
    Thanks!
    Steve Vivona
    www.thelatestdvd.com

2. Jonathan Perregaux

Jonathan Perregaux Screenwriter

Jonathan Perregaux
    I don't have The French Connection DVD time-codes handy, but if you look carefully in the background you will twice see one of the towers being built during the early dockyard scene:
    • At the beginning of the scene when the characters are arriving to accept delivery of the car, you can catch a quick glimpse of one tower being built on the right side of the screen. It will be in the far distance and not very notable, so just study the New York skyline and you'll eventually see it.
    • After the Lincoln is unloaded from the freighter and drives off, the camera performs a pull-back from Alain Charnier. He is watching this shipment arrive from a high vantage point and behind him you can clearly see one of the towers under construction with cranes and all.
    ------------------

3. John Tillman

John Tillman Supporting Actor

Thanks Jonathan,
    Times are:
    33:06 & 34:28

4. Steve Vivona

Steve Vivona Auditioning

5. Mark Basile

Mark Basile Stunt Coordinator

Funny, I remember my grandfather telling me he saw the filming of "some movie" as he was a construction worker in New York City at the time, helping to build the World Trade Center towers.