What's new

twin tempest or single tumult (1 Viewer)

Hailan R

Agent
ok guys here goes my friend wants to gets some subs for his cars, Witch is a 1990 lumina. And since the backs eats doesnt fold down i was thinkin that that would/could lower the output considerably. And well yaya he's just like most other car audio guys, he wants some big spl(well it's kinda a bet between him and another guy that has a 93 cavalier with 2 15 phoenix gold titanium and a audiobanh amp 2200watts i think he hits close to 147 i think) And i was wondering thinkin if this was possible with the subs stated. It's not an all spl system that he wanst but +/- 12 db peaks and dips would be acceptable. And well i tried modelling it for in car response and well i dunno what i did wrong or sumthin but with 12 db gain @ 20hz(not sure if this is accurate) i was hitting near as loud as i thought i would. So does anyone have any recommendations on boxes for both and witch would you go with.. As for amplifier power we dont have that determined for now since well depending on witch he goes with the loads and power changes a lot. Thx guys. Also any other sub suggestions are welcomed

Jon Torres

Second Unit
Twin tempests would take up a lot of room in a car. You're probably better off w/ the tumult which can be used in a small enclosure or possibly the brahma.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Not trying to be an ass here But when is every one going to realise this is a HOME THEATER FOURM not a Car Audio Fourm. Sorry if Im speaking out of place but there has been a lot of car audio questions here latley & to me they just dont belong here.

A

Anthony_Gomez

Mondo no like spell check. You make Mondo MAD! ...Mondo give you Blose for Christmas!!!!

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Not trying to be an ass here But when is every one going to realise this is a HOME THEATER FOURM not a Car Audio Fourm. Sorry if Im speaking out of place but there has been a lot of car audio questions here latley & to me they just dont belong here.
Then why be one?

Maybe he wanted an experts opinion and not the kiddies opion at caraudioforum. "get a RF" or "get the JL". Apparently he still came to the wrong place. Is it not DIY or an advanced project?

Seth

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
If you use an amp to power the Tumult correctly (1 ohm stable is probably best for car use) then I would go with it. If the budget is a little tight then I'd go with the twin Tempests.

A

Anthony_Gomez

Mark, some HT subs can get great results in cars, and some car subs can get great results in HT.

While the brahma was designed with a car audio intention, and the tumult for HT, nothing says you can't use it in reverse with good results.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks