Twin SVS's

Rob Grim

Stunt Coordinator
Call me crazy or just down right insane but just ordered my "Second" PB12-Plus/2 SVS subwoofer. I'll soon have matching twins.

timZa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim
I think I'm gonna buy another Plus 2 also
i dunno why, i really don't think i need it, but i can't help it, I'm an addict.

Geoff Gunnell

Stunt Coordinator
You guys are smart.

Doubling your woofer area will allow you halve your cone excursion -- that means your woofer cones will follow transient waveforms more easily.

Also, you can lower the tune of the enclosures and still maintain SPL. I run my four Ultras in 12Hz tune and enjoy a more musical blend with my mains.

Or you can scare the **** out of unsuspecting house guests

timZa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim
4 Ultras! how big is the room? this is what i was thinking. i could run both of them in 16hrtz and still have the spl. my friends already think it is nasty enough and are flabbergasted by the sound. i know my old lady is gonna freak at the news i want another plus2. but then again, she may be happy because i will have to buy her a piece of furniture, jewelry or something.

Rob Grim

Stunt Coordinator
That's exactly my intensions, all ports plugged, and set to 16Hz. I'm also thinking about adding the Velodyne SMS-1, room correction EQ, does anyone have any experience with the SMS-1, if so, is it recommended?

timZa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim
It doesn't sound like rocket science with room EQ wizard. i think that is what is fun about the hobby, a little work, then you learn more. i guess one would have to ask there self if paying the extra 400- 500 bucks is worth less effort. the results would be the same in the end.

KeithWo

Auditioning
I got twin PB10 runing as stereo for my music in a 18L x 12W x 11H close room...After some hard setup....more i listen to them more i love them
Happi~~~~

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
els