What's new

Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Dave MJ said:
That laserdisc is the international version of the pilot as well. I wanted to see the broadcast version for years but it was never released officially in the US until the Gold Box.
I kept my original home-made VHS recording of the pilot episode around until the Gold Box came out, so I could stop the International version laserdisc before Laura's mom's vision and show the pilot episode version of that scene. I know, I know, but I'm pretty far gone.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm just coming out of the weaker episodes (following the resolution of Who Killed Laura Palmer?) and I'll make a confession. I like the oft-mocked super strong Nadine story and anything with Richard Tremaine makes me laugh (even Little Nicky and especially the pine weasel incident). Before anyone calls the local laughing academy to have me taken away, I still can't stand the Civil War Ben story or the James/Evelyn story.

rkofan87

Grip
Real Name
tyler
David Weicker said:
just received my copy from Amazon UK. Will probably spin an episode or two tonight.

Initial reaction about the packaging - don't like it.
this

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
TravisR said:
I'm just coming out of the weaker episodes (following the resolution of Who Killed Laura Palmer?) and I'll make a confession. I like the oft-mocked super strong Nadine story and anything with Richard Tremaine makes me laugh (even Little Nicky and especially the pine weasel incident). Before anyone calls the local laughing academy to have me taken away, I still can't stand the Civil War Ben story or the James/Evelyn story.
I don't understand why the writers thought the James/Evelyn storyline was good enough? To me it is THE weakest storyline in the whole show. Why didn't they bring James' mother in, she had already been established as an alcoholic. Seems like a great way to create some drama and shake up the lives of a fair number of characters (James/Donna/Ed/Nadine).I don't mind Civil War Ben but it does come out the left field, even for Twin Peaks, why not create some drama with the aftermath of the mill fire or some other shady business dealings?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Dale MA said:
Why didn't they bring James' mother in, she had already been established as an alcoholic. Seems like a great way to create some drama and shake up the lives of a fair number of characters (James/Donna/Ed/Nadine).
And they had even established that James' mom is back in town in an earlier episode (when James sees Maddy and gets 'caught' by Donna) so they could have gone with that story.

Dale MA said:
I don't mind Civil War Ben but it does come out the left field, even for Twin Peaks, why not create some drama with the aftermath of the mill fire or some other shady business dealings?
Maybe I'm revealing too much about myself but I have to give credit to that storyline for giving us Audrey dressed as a Southern belle.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The lip sync is off in episode 4. It could have been the looping on the original print. But then I never had a presentation sharp or big enough to notice before. One of the gifts of HD. I notice this on a lot of shows now that were looped in scenes.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Hollywoodaholic said:
The lip sync is off in episode 4. It could have been the looping on the original print. But then I never had a presentation sharp or big enough to notice before. One of the gifts of HD. I notice this on a lot of shows now that were looped in scenes.
I didn't notice that in episode 4. But I did notice that some shots throughout the series (I'm up to episode 8) are slightly out of focus -- the kind of thing you probably would never notice watching on a 20" CRT in standard definition from an over-the-air signal, but that screams out in HD on a larger screen. None of it ruined anything for me, but it was kinda fun to notice.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This post is slightly off topic but Philadelphia is having some cool David Lynch stuff coming soon. There's an exhibit of his artwork from September to January and the Philadelphia Film Society is having a retrospective of his work in September and October. They're playing a movie each week (Eraserhead, Lost Highway, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, Inland Empire and Dune all on 35mm) and Lynch will be there for a conversation before Lost Highway. Then the city's annual film festival in October will play Blue Velvet, Wild At Heart, The Straight Story and Mulholland Drive. I've already got my tickets (I know I'm just bragging but give me a break, not a lot of cool stuff happens in Philadelphia :) ).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I know links have been posted previously and I'm sure most fans know that the SNL stuff is missing from this set but for the real obsessive fans only, I've noted all the additions and deletions from the Region One DVD releases.

Special features dropped from the series DVD set:
Saturday Night Live (Monologue, Sketch)
Falling Video
Georgia Coffee Commercials [5 in total]
On Air Promo (Coming April 8, Only One Place, What They're Trying To Say, A Show Like This, If You Miss It, Tape Recorder, Lumber Truck, Next)

Special features dropped from the S1 DVD set:
Episode 7: drops the bumper between the last act and the end credits
Commentaries (episode 1: Duwayne Dunham, episode 2: Frank Byers, episode 3: Tina Rathborne, episode 4: Tim Hunter and Robert Engels, episode 5: Lesli Linka Glatter, episode 6: Caleb Deschanel and Harley Peyton, episode 7: Richard Hoover)
Script Notes (episodes 1 to 7)
Twin Peaks Directory: Season One [the video postcards are ported over though]

Everything is ported over from the S2 DVD set. The loop with the Man From Another Place eating creamed corn isn't ported over from the Fire Walk With Me DVD.

Additions to the Blu-ray from the DVD series set:
discs 1 to 8: Recaps on episodes 1 to 7 and 9 to 28*
Previews on episodes 1, 3 to 6, 8 to 22 and 24 to 26**

disc 1: Easter eggs [press 'Right' from Play All to get highlight one and then all other directions to find the rest of them]: brief interview outtakes with Caleb Deschanel, Duwayne Dunham, Frank Byers, Harley Peyton, Lesli Linka Glatter, Richard Hoover, Robert Engels, Tim Hunter and Tina Rathborne.

disc 2:
episode 7: the "To Be Continued..." graphic has been added back to the end of the episode
special features: Season 1 Image Gallery (Images, Picnic, Ski Trip)
Twin Peaks Sneak Peeks [for episodes 2 to 6]
Promos (See Twin Peaks From The Beginning, Who Am I)

disc 3:
special features: A Slice Of Lynch (Uncut) [25 minutes longer than the DVD version]
Promos (Big Game Promo (Multiple Takes))
Season 2 Image Gallery (Season 2 Images, Albert's Slides)

disc 4:
special features: Deleted Scenes [six from the pilot, one from episode 18, one from episode 27 and one from episode 29]
Outtakes [from the pilot]

disc 5:
special features: The Glastonbury Archives [features from the Season One DVD- (Mark Frost Interview, Learning To Speak In The Red Room, Introduction To David Lynch and 17 Pieces Of Pie)]
Lucy Bumpers (Donut Time 3, Douglas Firs 2, Beautiful Day, Entire Population, Andy And I)

disc 6:
special features: Postcards From The Cast [feature from the Season One DVD]
Promos (Now On Saturdays, Twin Peaks Saturdays)

disc 7:
special features: Cast Interviews [feature from the Season Two DVD]***
Crew Interviews [feature from the Season Two DVD]

disc 8:
episode 28: Lucy's Special Announcement

disc 9:
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
special features: The Missing Pieces: Deleted/Extended Scenes
Archival Interviews (Ray Wise, Sheryl Lee, Moira Kelly, Madchen Amick)

disc 10:
special features: Between Two Worlds
Moving Through Time: Fire Walk With Me Memories
Reflections On The Phenomenon Of Twin Peaks [feature from Fire Walk With Me DVD]
Trailers (US Theatrical Trailer [feature from Fire Walk With Me DVD], International Theatrical Trailer, "The Missing Pieces Teaser")
Fire Walk With Me Photo Gallery
Atmospherics
Credits
Easter eggs: The Bet [press Right from Moving Through Time] and The Fight [press Right from The Bet egg]

* Episode 8 is the longest episode of the series so it probably didn't have a recap
** Episode 7 was the season finale so it didn't have a Preview for the next show, Episode 23 probably didn't have a Preview because the next episode wasn't on for about a month and a half, Episode 27 probably didn't have a Preview because the next episode wasn't for almost two months, Episode 28 didn't have a preview because #'s 28 and 29 aired back to back
*** Now includes the Robin Lively interview segments that were left off of the S2 DVD

To get into the real weird nitpicky stuff, the Spelling Entertainment Inc. logo is still missing from all the episodes so the end credit music fading down is still cut off. And the New Line Cinema logo on the beginning of Fire Walk With Me is now replaced with the MK2 logo.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Sure thing, guys! I know that I'm a big enough nerd that in a year or two or five, I'll be wondering what was or wasn't ported over from the DVDs so hopefully I'll be able to dig this thread up again rather than going through all the discs.

The information might have gotten lost in my lengthy post but there's Easter eggs on discs 1 and 10. Thanks to Dale MA for pointing out the ones on disc 1!

AppleSpider

Agent
Real Name
Steve
The Easter Eggs on Disc 1 of the Blu-ray are all from the Anchor Bay Season 1 release. They were hidden as Easter Eggs on that set. Also one more Easter Egg from the Anchor Bay Season 1 release isn't on the Blu-ray set, but it wasn't really a "Twin Peaks" Easter Egg as much as it was a "Michael J. Anderson" Easter Egg, a clip from "Spector's Rock".
TravisR said:
Additions to the Blu-ray from the DVD series set:
disc 1: Easter eggs [press 'Right' from Play All to get highlight one and then all other directions to find the rest of them]: brief interview outtakes with Caleb Deschanel, Duwayne Dunham, Frank Byers, Harley Peyton, Lesli Linka Glatter, Richard Hoover, Robert Engels, Tim Hunter and Tina Rathborne.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I was about to purchase this on Amazon and saw reviews mentioning the lip sync issue on a few episodes and in Fire Walk With Me.
Is this an authorizing issue with the blu-ray, or, as you suggest below, a dubbing issue present when the episode was made?

I don't want to buy this if there is going to be a re-pressing to resolve this *IF* it is an authoring flaw.
Hollywoodaholic said:
Josh Steinberg said:
I didn't notice that in episode 4. But I did notice that some shots throughout the series (I'm up to episode 8) are slightly out of focus -- the kind of thing you probably would never notice watching on a 20" CRT in standard definition from an over-the-air signal, but that screams out in HD on a larger screen. None of it ruined anything for me, but it was kinda fun to notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks