What's new

Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

MaxMorrow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Peter Roberts
TravisR said:
Thanks for the heads up. I figured if there was any eggs, they'd be on the last disc.

In the same vein, did any one else find the surprise hidden in the box?
I have :) I suspect that years from now it will be missing from several folks' sets. Something akin to the colored paper clip from the Memento special edition DVD

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Dave MJStunt Coordinator

[*]
[*]
reputation_4.png

[*]101 posts
[*]Join Date: Feb 26 2001
[/list]
Posted Today, 03:55 PM

Very cool. I had the poor quality VHS version where they crammed 5-6 episodes per tape in EP mode. I did have the pilot on laserdisc and a rather unusual Japanese laserdisc of the soundtrack album. It was the full soundtrack allbum with video shot at Twin Peaks filming locations. I still have it somewhere, I will have to find it.

You mean these? I took these iPod pictures of the laserdiscs in their protective sleeves just now. That's right, they're wrapped in plastic.

IMG_0794.JPG
IMG_0795.JPG
IMG_0797.JPG
IMG_0798.JPG

Dave MJ

Second Unit
davidmatychuk said:
Dave MJJoin Date: Feb 26 2001

Posted Today, 03:55 PM

Very cool. I had the poor quality VHS version where they crammed 5-6 episodes per tape in EP mode. I did have the pilot on laserdisc and a rather unusual Japanese laserdisc of the soundtrack album. It was the full soundtrack allbum with video shot at Twin Peaks filming locations. I still have it somewhere, I will have to find it.

You mean these? I took these iPod pictures of the laserdiscs in their protective sleeves just now. That's right, they're wrapped in plastic.

attachicon.gif
IMG_0794.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_0795.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_0797.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_0798.JPG
Yes, that's the visual soundtrack! I need to find that and watch it again, it's been many years. I'm pretty sure it's stashed deep in a closet. I have a different version of the pilot though, it was an official USA release from Warner I think. It had a stoplight on the cover.
twinuslaser.jpg

Dave MJ

Second Unit
Felix Martinez said:
Hey, the roadhouse sequence is finally mixed correctly in Fire Walk With Me! The subtitles now make sense again. Looked beautiful too! Very pleased with the set.
I am happy beyond words with this set. Over the moon. I never thought we would ever see the deleted scenes, much less fully finished by Lynch in perfect HD quality. The picture and sound on FWWM is amazing. I have yet to delve much into the TV episodes, but the little I have watched looks great. This is the blu ray release of the year for me, hands down. Now we need to convince Lynch to bring Twin Peaks back for another season or movie.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Dave MJ said:
Yes, that's the visual soundtrack! I need to find that and watch it again, it's been many years. I'm pretty sure it's stashed deep in a closet. I have a different version of the pilot though, it was an official USA release from Warner I think. It had a stoplight on the cover.
attachicon.gif
twinuslaser.jpg
I got that Japanese laserdisc as an import when it was released, because there was absolutely no other way to see the alternate ending in those pre-Internet instant-access days. People came over to see it on several occasions, and they were VERY EXCITED.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Dave MJ said:
I am happy beyond words with this set. Over the moon. I never thought we would ever see the deleted scenes, much less fully finished by Lynch in perfect HD quality. The picture and sound on FWWM is amazing. I have yet to delve much into the TV episodes, but the little I have watched looks great. This is the blu ray release of the year for me, hands down. Now we need to convince Lynch to bring Twin Peaks back for another season or movie.
"Twin Peaks" looks and sounds as wonderful on Blu-Ray as it looked and sounded to me when the series originally ran.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
davidmatychuk said:
"Twin Peaks" looks and sounds as wonderful on Blu-Ray as it looked and sounded to me when the series originally ran.
It should look and sound better. Broadcast TV was crap back then. I sure hope it doesn't look and sound the same. ;)

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
It looks fantastic. I'm noticing details that I've never seen before, for example at the funeral in S1 Johnny Horne is holding a copy of Peter Pan - a great insight into his character and perhaps an answer to a small mystery? Great stuff. The log lady intros, previously on and next on bumpers see also a joy to see in HD!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Tino said:
Hearing lots of chatter about sync issues with the Missing Pieces supplement. Anyone encounter this?
I asked the same question earlier. Lots of reports that it IS noticeable.

Dave MJ

Second Unit
Tino said:
I asked the same question earlier. Lots of reports that it IS noticeable.
I'll have to take a closer look, but I have watched it twice and did notice it in a couple of places, but it's very minor. I think it's in the source material not a disc error because it is not throughout the entire presentation.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
TravisR said:
The sync problem is with the Fire Walk With Me deleted scenes only (and is supposed to be tough to even notice).
Oh, really? I thought it was with the main episodes..
Then, that's better..

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Dave MJ said:
attachicon.gif
twinuslaser.jpg
I have that one on VHS, along with the VHS box set of the first season. I already had the Japanese laserdisc of the international version, but I really liked that cover, too, so I bought the tape. I think I might like to find a copy of the laserdisc you have, like, soon.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Something else you can notice on the Blu-ray...Billy Zane was wearing a wig!

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
So here's my "Fire Walk With Me" story. In October of 1991, my girlfriend and I saw David Bowie and Chris Isaak being interviewed on TV from what they said was the Washington State set of "Fire Walk With Me". Surrey, B.C., where we lived at the time, is about 15 miles from the U.S. border and a 2-hour drive from there to Seattle, so we decided to go down to try to find the company on location. We'd visited the North Bend/Snoqualmie area a few times since the series began, so we started our search there. In those pre-Internet times, our task was a needle-in-a-smallish-haystack type of proposition. Asking around, we got a tip about filming that ended up leading us to the "Northern Exposure" set (burn!). Our next tip came from an antique shop in Snoqualmie, that had "Sold" signs on a couple of items (including a creel) which were going to the "Fire Walk With Me" set later, so following up on that tip the following afternoon, we drove about 20 miles further east to Exit 52 (I'm pretty sure that's the proper Exit number). Taking the turnoff, we found a location very nearby with trailers, portable dressing rooms with the actor's names on them, a flatbed with a motorcycle strapped to it, a small wooden hut, and several cars in a gravel parking lot in a wooded area by a stream. When I saw the movie, I recognized that this was the location for the Teresa Banks floating downstream opening, the Laura and Bobby scenes in the woods, and the sex hut scenes at the end. Also, the scenes near the end with James and Laura on the motorcycle until she ran into the woods were shot at the intersection and road leading from the turnoff to the location. None of the cast or crew were there, only a couple of security guys, who said that they'd been filming there (which was obvious) and that they thought there'd be more filming there that night. So we drove the 35 miles back to our motel to wait for nightfall. When we went back at about 10 P.M., only a few vehicles were left in the parking lot, and there were no people there at all. Disappointed we'd missed our chance to meet any of the Twin Peaks people, we headed back to Bellevue (a Seattle suburb) where we arrived at the open-till-midnight Tower Records/Video/Books just after 11 P.M., to do a little late-night post-disappointment shopping. We were in Tower Books, and I had my back to the front entrance, when I heard my girlfriend say, "Excuse me, are you Frank Silva?". I turned around and there he was, 40 miles from where we had just been looking for him and all the others. "Killer Bob" was very friendly, and signed autographs for two strangers from Canada - a real class act, as they say. I always thought that that was some wild coincidence, although it turned out that the cast and crew were staying at a Bellevue hotel just a couple of blocks away from Tower, not that we could have known. We spent a couple of days after that visiting the usual Twin Peaks spots in the area and having a great time. I loved the movie when I saw it, I loved the laserdisc, I loved the DVD, I loved reading the script that I bought with all the extra scenes, and I love the phenomenal new Blu-Ray iteration of "Fire Walk With Me". I hope you liked my story one per cent as much (which would be A LOT).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks