What's new

Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
The glimpses in the Blu-Ray promo of the deleted scenes, which are in the shooting script, are driving me crazy with anticipation. I think the unexpurgated "Fire Walk With Me" would have been "True Detective" twenty-two years ahead of its time if there had been HBO back then.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
TravisR said:
I don't know if it'll happen with one more viewing but if this will only be the second time that you're seeing FWWM, knowing what you're getting into might help it go down easier.
I think it'll be the third time... so close enough, I hope!

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I need to brush my teeth...

10527913_10152231632434499_2666871395664919880_n.jpg

One more week. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Also, here's a Nerdist article talking about the deleted scenes that screened in L.A. at the premiere party for The Missing Pieces. They left out a few scenes, but here are most of them:

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/07/review-twin-peaks-the-missing-pieces/

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
It's a shame that one of my favorite extras - the SNL skit - is reportedly not on this set.I'm still hoping it will show up as an unannounced feature (along with the damn fine Psych episode "Dual Spires").Unlikely, but I can hope.Diane, get on this.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
I'm okay with keeping my VHS of the pilot and Season One, my Japanese Laserdisc of the pilot, my 4 Laserdisc box sets of the series episodes, my 2 DVD sets of the complete series, and my DVD Gold Box of the complete series if it means I don't have to think about not having all the extras. Actually, I'm more than okay with it, regardless.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
davidmatychuk said:
I'm okay with keeping my VHS of the pilot and Season One, my Japanese Laserdisc of the pilot, my 4 Laserdisc box sets of the series episodes, my 2 DVD sets of the complete series, and my DVD Gold Box of the complete series if it means I don't have to think about not having all the extras. Actually, I'm more than okay with it, regardless.
So you're not buying the blu ray set??I ask because it sounds like you are a huge Peaks fan and as such, I can't imagine passing on this set. And I owned the original tapes I recorded off ABC when they originally aired (lost in a flood :( ), along with the two DVD sets and the DVD Gold box.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
This is now my most anticipated set for the remaining year, I can't wait to marathon through it and revel in the mysteries of that world again. THE OWLS ARE NOT WHAT THEY SEEM.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm big enough collector (dork) that I'm keeping the DVDs regardless so while I certainly wish everything was ported over, it's something of a non-issue for me.

"Through the darkness of future past, the magician longs to see, one chants out between two worlds, fire walk with me."

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
About the show gaining new fans...

Since I would have been 7 years old when this first aired, I was not in the target demographic at the time. And, the complete series didn't make it to DVD until 2006. But it was always a show I wanted to see. So, I picked up the gold box when it came out.

I think I made it through the entire Laura Palmer mystery in about two days. It was that good. But, I hit a brick wall a couple episodes after and never finished the series.

I hope to be able to do that when I pick up the blu set.

/ABC made a mistake ending the original story mid-season.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The Obsolete Man said:
I think I made it through the entire Laura Palmer mystery in about two days. It was that good. But, I hit a brick wall a couple episodes after and never finished the series.
The episodes right after the resolution of Laura's murder are easily the weakest ones in the series but the last six or so (with the Windom Earle story) are pretty good.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
TravisR said:
The episodes right after the resolution of Laura's murder are easily the weakest ones in the series but the last six or so (with the Windom Earle story) are pretty good.
That was exactly where I hit the wall.

Next time, I intend to plow through... especially if I buy the set at anywhere near Amazon's current price. :lol:

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Tino said:
So you're not buying the blu ray set??I ask because it sounds like you are a huge Peaks fan and as such, I can't imagine passing on this set.And I owned the original tapes I recorded off ABC when they originally aired (lost in a flood :( ), along with the two DVD sets and the DVD Gold box.
Insanely, I left out the part about "of course, I'll be thrilled to have the Blu-Ray next week". I just meant I'm keeping all the other Twin Peaks formats, too. I am a huge Peaks fan, but I am also, sometimes, an idiot.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
TravisR said:
Agreed -- I'd put those last half-dozen or so episodes (the main thrust of the Windom Earle storyline) right up there with most anything done in the first season-and-a-third. Frost and Lynch had returned to the series, and it definitely showed.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
They showed some comparison clips of the DVD to Blu-ray this week at SDCC. Night and day difference. The Blu-ray looks so much better.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
joshEH said:
Agreed -- I'd put those last half-dozen or so episodes (the main thrust of the Windom Earle storyline) right up there with most anything done in the first season-and-a-third. Frost and Lynch had returned to the series, and it definitely showed.
The final episodes were so strong that they led to over twenty years of anticipation of more "Twin Peaks". People might want to believe that the series went downhill, but it clearly regained its magic by the end.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Boy would I LOVE to see a new Twin Peaks series. Imagine the show on HBO.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Hearing reports across the interwebs that The Missing Pieces has a sync issue... Hopefully not correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks