What's new

Twin Peaks Second Season: Any News Yet? (1 Viewer)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Any news yet on this one being released in the US? Hell, I'd almost be happy with rumors at this point. ;)
Artisian is really taking their time with this,

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Nothing yet but some rumors of December 2003 for Region 2. I'm looking forward to the Season 2 set(s) more than any other DVD at this point. I'm just glad that I was able to see season 2 through other means, I think I'd go batty if I still hadn't seen it by now. Keep your eyes peeled to TVShowsondvd.com and Dugpa.com for any rumors and hopefully the eventual announcement.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Michael D's Region 4 website has Twin Peaks - season 2 listed in its list of upcoming discs as tentatively set for December 2003 in r4.

Of course, we never even got season 1 until the start of this year, so it surprises me that we may be getting season 2 so soon.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Does Artisan have the rights to this worldwide???

I seem to remember that Paramount had rights to the Japanese market.

As My R2 Japanese dvd set included the "Pilot" as the R1 did not.

Dugger

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I believe Artisan have the rights for the US release but Paramount may have the rights for the rest of the world. Certainly the r4 is Paramount.

But, the extras on the r4 TPs1 discs are from the Artisan discs, and even feature the Artisan logo.

This begs the question about what sort of extras we will get if we get season 2 before the US, and whether the r1 will benefit from the delay by getting better extras than those of us in the rest of the world.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
I haven't heard too much either about Twin Peaks Season 2. At one point I'd heard something about Season 2 being broken up into two sets, the dividing point coming at the end of the Laura Palmer mystery, forming the next set, and the remaining episodes focusing on the Windom Earle mystery comprising the final set.

Wish they'd hurry up, though, and get the rest of the series on DVD, including the pilot. I doubt that we'll see the pilot in its original form on DVD unless we get the Region 0 DVD, which I picked up through eBay. No thanks to Paramount for their legal wheeling and dealing crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks