What's new

Twin Peaks Season One - available for pre-order (1 Viewer)

Duane M Davis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Duane Davis
Twin Peaks was always meant to be a continuing series. In fact, the murder was never supposed to be solved. David Lynch's intention was that the murder never be solved but be the reason to keep Cooper in the town of Twin Peaks where they would delve into other stories and mysteries in the seamy underside of the town. Kind of like the Fugitive (which explains the homage to it. e.g. the one-armed-man). The second season was mostly Mark Frost's contribution while Lynch filmed Wild at Heart. Pressures forced them to finally solve the mystery. They tried to move beyond it, but they were never able to get a real direction and came back to the central mystery when Lynch came back on board.
------------------
"Would you like to play spider with me?" ~Spider Baby

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
If Amazon's info is correct about the extras I'm very happy. Log Lady intros, Director's commentaries, cast interviews, etc...

richard plumb

Stunt Coordinator
I actually enjoyed the series after the killer was revealed. That plotline got me into the series, but the characters kept me there. By the time it got close to revealing who did it, I didn't really care that much, it was no longer my reason for watching.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I'm quite impressed. A Tron SE, MadMax1 SE, Buckaroo Bonzai on DVD and now Twin Peaks first season. Thats pretty impressive. Quite a lot of good things in store for DVD. Now all we need is Jackie Brown, THX 1138 and some other cool things to come out on DVD and we'll be underway.
About the Twin Peaks. Many times I have seriously considered trying to aquire the Twin Peaks episodes on Laserdisc. What does this DVD mean to me now? I know it could potentially look better and have more things on it, but does it "Replace" the LD in anyones eyes? Can we be sure of knowing before it is released? Surely it might cost less. Although with the DVD's coming out, perhaps the LD's may drop in price. So having been interested in the series, and having only seen a fraction of the episodes, which should I get. Look for the LD's or order the DVD's (Pilot and season 1)???
And BTW. How does the Pilot work again? Where does the pilot fit in? Like, with the other 7 episodes, does the episode #1 start after the pilot?
[Edited last by Chris PC on September 30, 2001 at 08:02 PM]

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
The pilot originally aired on Easter Sunday. The action of the pilot took place on a Sunday (though I'm not sure it was Easter). Each episode then was a succeeding day in the story. Quite the cool concept that would have worked nicely for the one-a-day miniseries. So it's pilot (2 hrs) then the seven episodes of season 1. I'm really looking forward to this!! My VHS tapes OTA are pretty much shot.
------------------
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks