What's new

Twin Peaks Season One - available for pre-order (1 Viewer)

Steve Owen

Second Unit
Yah-hoo!!!!! Now I just hope this sells well enough that they do the second season as well.
It should be noted that they were never able to get the licensing stuff together, so this DOES NOT include the pilot episode. That is still available as a Hong Kong import (yes, legit) from http://www.lasersedge.com/movie/23634/. With thoughts that this might happen, I picked up the pilot last month. The quality is sub-standard, but it's better than nothing. Hopefully the quality of Season One release will be better than the pilot import.
-Steve

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Big Props to Steve for posting the Laser's Edge link. I thought the pilot was the same as the WB LD I own that has the European "wrap-up" ending, but was stunned to see that it was the acutal pilot when I watched it at a friend's.
Just made the purchase tonight.

Roger Bijou

Auditioning
List price at Amazon is $59.98, lesss 25% = $44.99.
List price at CDNOW is $39.98 less 30% = $27.99.
Someone goofed. Let's hope it's Amazon!

TheoGB

Screenwriter
First series was definitely 8 episodes over her ein the UK (including the pilot). It ends with the cliff hanger. I remember at the time we were told it might be pulled in the U.S. and were all really irritated but it came back. I seem to remember the second series seemed really long but it was probably only 22 weeks. I think that was the first time I'd experienced an American series length. Over here 6 episodes is still pretty traditional for a series. Otherwise it's just a weekly soap.
Theo

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
I ordered via CDNow, but I wonder if that price will hold. It seems low for 3 DVDs. Will they be bound by it if they screwed up?
How is CD Now's service? Good, fair, poor?
icon14.gif
icon13.gif

------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman

John CW

Supporting Actor
Yes, season two had 22 episodes by contrast!
I'm sure Amazon are just playing it safe, I'm sure it will come down in price as the release date gets nearer!
~ John
------------------
http://www.geocities.com/fwwmfight
[Edited last by John CW on September 18, 2001 at 09:55 AM]

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Now that i have thought about it more it should come down in price. In contrast take the x-files sets for example. They are right around $100 when they were available for pre-order 24 episodes give or take one or two. Season One of Peaks has only seven, so anywhere from $30 to $35 would be a fair price if cheaper than that you won't get any complaints from me. But you know what i love this series so much id prolly buy it at any price and maybe thats what artisan is thinking here that they have a product that is only gonna appeal really to a small amount of people. So possibly the higher price would garuntee us season two.
Thanks to Everyone who replied :)
Aryn Leroux
Link Removed
God Bless America!

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
I'm definitely looking forward to these DVDs!!! The video quality on the EP VHS version is terrible.
Gregory

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I'm with you, Gregory. I have 'em, but the quality is just terrible. I'm assuming that Artisan will release Season Two sometime next year, but given that Artisan has the worst track record with catalog titles, I'm crossing my fingers.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
"Season 1" is a bit of a misnomer. It was originally a mini-series, which is why there were 7 episodes + 1 pilot.
-Dave
------------------
DVD List

Casey Neutron

Stunt Coordinator
Season One was only 7 episodes (not counting the pilot) because the show premiered mid-season--April, I think. The following September (1990) was the start of Season Two, which consisted of 22 episodes.
Anybody know what the packaging is going to be like? How many discs? How many epsidodes per disc? Extras and Lynch's involvement?

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Nope, it was a mini-series that was originally intended to conclude in the 7th episode. Because of the huge popularity, it was extended into a regular series and instead of resolving the murder at the end of the mini-series, it was left as a cliffhanger.
-Dave
------------------
DVD List

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Nope, it was a mini-series that was originally intended to conclude in the 7th episode. Because of the huge popularity, it was extended into a regular series and instead of resolving the murder at the end of the mini-series, it was left as a cliffhanger.
As I recollect, it was intended as a continuing series but a different version of the 7th (really 8th) episode was shot in case it looked like the show would not get renewed.
In other words, I disagree. But I could be wrong. References?

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
As I recollect, it was intended as a continuing series but a different version of the 7th (really 8th) episode was shot in case it looked like the show would not get renewed.
You're not wrong. I watched an interview with Mark Frost years ago and he talked about this. Personally, I wish they had made the TV series into a 10 part mini-series. 2 weeks of pure perfect TV, minus much of the useless filler that all TV has. It would have been one of the very best mini-series' of all time. Oh well. I still love the show up until Laura Palmer's killer goes bye bye.
After that it's a complete and total POS.
icon13.gif

------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks