What's new

Twin Peaks Season 2 Split up into 2 Sets Overseas (1 Viewer)

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
Found this on Dugpa.com today:

November 7th 2006
Twin Peaks Season 2 DVD Set Box Art and Announcement for Europe in Two Sets - Updated
Well, it's about time! Today I have gotten word that Paramount has announced Season 2 to be split into two box sets with the first being set for release on January 31st 2007 (for Germany and Sweden and January 23rd for Italy). So far, I have links to Online Stores offering the first box set in Sweden, Italy, and now even Germany. From the looks of it, Twin Peaks Season 2.1 will be released in at the end of January with the second box set to follow in April 2007. Also of interest is that in Germany, Paramount also seem to be offering a complete box set of Season 2 on 6 discs in October 2007 called "Twin Peaks: the Complete Mystery". We also know that the first half of Season 2 will be spread over 3 Discs (Sweden and Germany specs) or 4 Discs (Italy) which likely means not much room for extras. Hopefully the compression won't be too bad or maybe they will use double sided discs... All this is speculation for now, and specs are likely to change. Last I heard, the US set was to be released in the May to June timeframe, but I guess we will have to wait and see. For now, take a gander at the International box art and what may also be the US box art. It looks quite nice.

Maybe the US release announcement is not too far off.

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator
excellent!!

I do like how the box art looks very similar to the Season 1 release!

~Jason

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'll wait however long I have to in order to get a full set with the pilot.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Perhaps after they're done being silly, they'll release a complete box set of both seasons. I can't understand why they haven't done this already. The entire series was in one big box set on LaserDisc a million years ago. And they need to get that damn pilot episode in there too, next time. I mean, this is just...

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Exciting news - the presence of cover art makes it actually seem more likely that it will happen this time. And very nice cover art too - it does tie in well with the first season art.

Just an administration thought - should this be combined with any of the other Twin Peaks threads - probably this one?

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
love the cover art. I can't wait to see more Twin Peaks since I have only seen the pilot, the movie, and various bits of various episodes.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Stupid mistake. Nobody wants a most likely poor quality bootleg.Link to boot leg site removed by moderator - CA.

David Levine

Supporting Actor
The link wouldn't post because it's a bootleg site, so the forum is most likely filtering it out.

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds

Was it? Not in North America, at least. There was a season one box that did NOT include the pilot (which was released separately with a different ending). The second season was split into three sets, if I recall correctly.

LDDB lists a Japanese-only complete set, but does it include the pilot? The second season two hour premiere seems to be listed as a two-part episode, with only seven episodes before it -- which would mean no pilot.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
There's a couple page interview with Lynch in Entertainment Weekly where they say in 2007 that the Twin Peaks S2 DVDs are coming, a DVD of some of the stuff from DL.com including 'Lamp' (where he builds, you guessed it, a lamp), a new soundtrack for Twin Peaks, and he's introducing a line of coffee to be sold at select theaters playing Inland Empire and the beans through his website.

I wonder if I see BOB or turn into another person if I drink that coffee. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks