What's new

Twin Peaks returns in 2016 on Showtime (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Good thing that Albert was there to pull Gordon out of that time vortex (?) or time portal (?) or whatever it was.

Gordon saying "He's dead" when looking at Matthew Lillard's body was hysterical. The woman in the car's repetitive scream was pretty funny too.

The other woman involved with Becky's husband is Gersten Hayward (Donna's younger sister) and portrayed by Alicia Witt again.

I just can't get over the fact that "damn good" cherry pie literally saved Dale Cooper's life.
Maybe I was reading too much into the line reading but didn't it sound more like Cooper than Dougie when he said "damn good"?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
If Coop sounded like Coop when he said "damn good," he's had about as many moments of clarity as Candie. They'd make a great couple. Of space cadets.

Lynch had to be hit pretty hard by all of these deaths. Of course, Catherine Coulson was his friend for over 40 years, and Miguel Ferrer is his closest acting partner in this venture. I'm glad we were able to get as much Albert as we did.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
It finally hit me who Dougie reminds me of.

Peter Sellers performance as Chauncey (Chance the) Gardener from Being There. And also how the people in Dougie's life treat him.Like he's a genius.

Still LOVING the show!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
There's a commercial that says "How to win at business! Point decisively with the arm of your glasses!" Add to that the critical lesson we've learned from Dougie: regurgitate key phrases from your business associates! Congratulations! You've won at business!

"Do you think opening an ice cream shop in Antarctica would be a brilliant idea, Dougie?"

"Brilliant idea."

"Well, let's get on it, then! Thanks, Dougie!"

Joe_H

Screenwriter
For some reason (probably because like so many of the new faces, we've gotten so few scenes with him), it didn't connect with me that the guy Shelly ran out to see was the same one who terrified Richard Horne (until reading recaps today).

Also, I think one of my favorite parts of this episode was the old woman praising Mr Jackpots.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I LOVE every Bobby Briggs scene. The look of sadness on his face when Shelley embraced Balthazar Getty's character was heartbreaking.

Jeez Shelley always goes for the bad guy. This guy is Leo reincarnated. Guess Bobby will have to save her again.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Gordon saying "He's dead" when looking at Matthew Lillard's body was hysterical.
I laughed my ass off at that line, too. And immediately thought less of myself for it. There's just something about Gordon loudly stating the blatantly obvious that tickles the funny bone.

The other woman involved with Becky's husband is Gersten Hayward (Donna's younger sister) and portrayed by Alicia Witt again.
I recognized Witt as Gersten, but didn't remember that the man she was with was Becky's husband. Interesting that the the only Hayward daughter so-far present and accounted for is the "other woman" in that shitshow of a marriage.

Also interesting that Gersten's one appearance in the original series ended with piano over the end credits, and now this episode with her appearing it in it ended with piano over the credits.

Maybe I was reading too much into the line reading but didn't it sound more like Cooper than Dougie when he said "damn good"?
Yes it did. But I'm done being Charlie Brown, taking each glimpse of the old Cooper to mean that this time Lucy will let me kick the football. I'm just going to assume we won't see the old Cooper until the finale at this point, and if it happens before then I'll just be pleasantly surprised.

If Coop sounded like Coop when he said "damn good," he's had about as many moments of clarity as Candie. They'd make a great couple. Of space cadets.
I'm still waiting for the reveal that she's actually an undercover operative of the Nevada Gaming Control Board or something.

For some reason (probably because like so many of the new faces, we've gotten so few scenes with him), it didn't connect with me that the guy Shelly ran out to see was the same one who terrified Richard Horne (until reading recaps today).
As Tino noted, Shelly always goes for the bad guy. Bobby straightening out his life is probably what doomed their marriage.

I LOVE every Bobby Briggs scene. The look of sadness on his face when Shelley embraced Balthazar Getty's character was heartbreaking.
Until this episode, I assumed that Becky's father was one of many in a long line of short-lived scumbags in Shelly's life, and that Shelly raised her as a single mother. But not only is Bobby Becky's father, he actually seems to be quite involved in her life. That was really nice to see.

That whole sequence that followed was a work of genius, maybe the best example of pure, un-showy filmmaking craft in the revival so far. The silent conversation between Becky and Norma. The jarring shift from this wistful domestic scene when the bullets come flying into the diner. Bobby transforming instantly from father to police officer. The lighting change as Bobby steps out into the night. The cacophony of car horns and shouting voices in the street. The jarring shift again with the reveal that it wasn't a drive-by or some malicious entity, just a kid who'd gotten his hands on his father's gun. Bobby deescalates the situation and takes possession of the misused firearm. He notices the way the clothing and body language of the little boy mirrors the clothing and body language of the father. Meanwhile, the honking from the car behind vehicle at the center of this incident is just incessant, making an already tense situation that much more unbearable. Bobby tries to get the vehicle to lay off the horn, to no avail. He turns to address the situation, and another jarring shift: suddenly deputy Jesse is in the frame. He takes his time to explain his arrival on the scene. Bobby walks him through the situation as it has transpired so far and gives him his marching orders; in this moment, we see how they fit into the food chain of the sheriff's department. Bobby approaches the driver side window of the honking car. Yet another jarring shift: the driver screams at him, completely apoplectic about the unexpected delay caused by the errant shooting. The next jarring shift explains her desperate anger: from the darkness of the passenger seat, a zombie-like figure emerges. A young girl, maybe ten or eleven, covered in sweat, with short spiky hair plastered to her head. A dark green bile pours from her mouth, and she appears to be seizing. The woman's screams have dissolved into a repetitive bleating noise, matching and replacing the rhythm of her car horn. Like an onion, with the layers being peeled back one by one, the scene constantly reinvents itself. And each new piece of information alters our understanding of what's going on.

Tim Gerdes

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Gerdes
Yes it did. But I'm done being Charlie Brown, taking each glimpse of the old Cooper to mean that this time Lucy will let me kick the football. I'm just going to assume we won't see the old Cooper until the finale at this point, and if it happens before then I'll just be pleasantly surprised.

I have absolutely nothing to base this on, but my own feeling has been for a while that Cooper will wake up either at the end of Episode 12 or early in Episode 13. I think the show's third act will have all of the disparate plot lines converging in a single location. To that point, in the pilot Cooper mentions to Diane that Twin Peaks is "5 miles south of the Canadian border and 12 miles west of the state line."

I saw in another forum that someone had deciphered the coordinates Albert found on Ruth Davenport's arm: 48°55'14.2"N 117°26'34.6"W

If you plug those numbers into Google Maps you get this: https://goo.gl/maps/XCSbTe8Ny1z

God I love this show!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Tammy is being brought into a group where half the people associated with them have vanished without a trace and she gladly signs up. She's very brave or crazy.

Cole and the Frenchwoman was priceless.

"Little Audrey Horne just walked in."

It looks like the show moves to 8 PM for the last 5 weeks/6 episodes starting next week. Game Of Thrones fans can now watch both shows live.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I kind of had assumed they were saving the appearance of Audrey for some big reveal. The way that her scene played out doesn't seem to be worth holding back for. It seems like that could have shown up in any number of other episodes without much consequence.

Overall though, I'm enjoying the ride, but I'm getting less convinced it'll tie up into something completely satisfying... though at the same time, I'm sad that this will ever have to come to an end.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Although there were many good things in it, it may be my least favorite episode so far. The return of Audrey was disappointing.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I kind of had assumed they were saving the appearance of Audrey for some big reveal. The way that her scene played out doesn't seem to be worth holding back for. It seems like that could have shown up in any number of other episodes without much consequence.

I really thought we were past these types of vague introductions several weeks ago. Who's Billy? Or Tina? Or Chuck?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Although there were many good things in it, it may be my least favorite episode so far. The return of Audrey was disappointing.

For me, the episode was equal parts exhilarating and exasperating, with most of the good stuff concentrated at the beginning.

Tim Gerdes

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Gerdes
The best word I can think of to describe this episode is disorienting. While Twin Peaks is often slowly paced, unnaturally emotive and non-linear, much of part 12 seemed especially dreamlike. The seemingly reused footage of Dr. Jacoby, the exit of Cole's lady friend to the bar and Audrey's jarring introduction all seemed off to me, but in an entirely intentional way. Even the conversation between Ben and Sheriff Truman felt unnatural.

Once Diane uttered "Let's Rock" and seemingly mimicked the Little Man From Another Place's hand gesture, this was the most unpredictable and discomforting episode of television since Cooper's first dream in Episode 3 of the original run.

On a related note, Sherilynn Fenn's social media hints about her dissatisfaction during filming make a whole lot more sense now.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
On a related note, Sherilynn Fenn's social media hints about her dissatisfaction during filming make a whole lot more sense now.

I'm trying to remember, was there even a two-shot of her and Clarke Middleton (Charlie)? I don't recall seeing them together.

I was also unhappy with the gratuitous use of the F-word.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks