Twin Peaks question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ric Easton, Dec 28, 2001.

1. Ric Easton

Ric Easton Cinematographer

I understand that the Twin Peaks First season box set does not contain the original 2 hour pilot movie. Is this correct? I heard there is an OOP version of the pilot on DVD with a tacked on ending. Is there any word on if they are planning on releasing the Twin Peaks pilot as it origianally aired, anytime soon? It seems stupid to start collecting a series when you can't get the pilot!

- Ric

2. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Yes, the Twin Peaks box set does not contain the pilot. I don't know why this is so but there it is. Yes, there's an import Hong Kong dvd of the pilot with the European ending (as I understand it). So far as I know, there are no announced plans for a domestic release, original or European version.

3. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

4. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

The DVD of the pilot IS NOT the European ending. It is the original, as aired pilot.

This is significant since all proper releases of the pilot in the past (VHS & Laserdisc) were the "Euro" version pilot.

This is the first release of the actual pilot that I am aware of.

5. John CW

John CW Supporting Actor

Yep the DVD is PROPER INTENTED version. The picture is ok but the sound goes in and out of phase for no reason (annoying but still watchable). Other that it will do [​IMG]
    Question is: Will Paramount ever get around to releasing a R1 version?
    ~ John

6. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

What I haven't understood about the TP box set is why it says "Season One" or "First Season" or whatever it says to that effect. I remember there only being one season.

7. Bill McA

Bill McA Producer