What's new

Twin Peaks Pilot (1 Viewer)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I just watched this last night as I wanted to get into the series. I read that about fifteen minutes of footage was added and conflicts with the series. My question: Where did the pilot originally end? What information from the ending should I disregard?

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
To be clear, the extra 15 minutes are not part of the "pilot" but rather are exclusive to the European version of the pilot, which is the only version presented on VHS.
If you watched the Pilot on import DVD- you have nothing to worry about... the DVD version contains the proper TV version of the pilot which works with the series boxed set.
The extra footage is not on the DVD- only the VHS version. The long version is often referred to as the "european version" of the pilot.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=38561
-Vince

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
- Stop the movie at the next scene where we see Laura's

mother sitting by herself on the sofa, smoking. Up until

this point, the movie and broadcast pilot are identical.
The pilot then ends with Sarah Palmer having a vision of a gloved hand digging up the half-heart necklace and taking it. Sarah bolts upright, screaming.

M.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Thanks

I figured that the scene with Laura's mother til the end just didn't click. On to the series now.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I started re-watching the whole series last night.

God I can't wait until Season 2 comes out on DVD...my friggin VHS tapes are worn out.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Oh yah. I'm not 100% sure how FWWM did, but Season 1 far exceeded expectations...and it has been confirmed that they are working on Season 2. I suggest checking out www.dugpa.com for updated info. The only catch is it looks like they will be realeasing Season 2 in two different sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation239
Recent bookmarks