Twin Peaks Pilot Episode at DDD for $15.59 shipped!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Balcziak, May 3, 2002.

1. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

As you know, the pilot is not available--except as an import. If you've been considering buying this from one of those questionable sellers at EBay, try Deep Discount DVD. They have the Taiwan import for $15.59 shipped!
    Click here for details.

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

That's okay info and all, but your use of the word "questionable" is, well, questionable. I had zero problems with my seller!

3. Jeff D

Jeff D Supporting Actor

I got it from pokerindustries and I think I paid about $20 each, tought to rememember I bought 2 TP Pilots and a copy of redbeard for $53 delivered. That was back in Feburary and I still haven't watched either of them.

Seems like DDD would have been a better way to go.

4. Bill Balcziak

5. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Ah, I see.

I have no problem with anyone who wants to use DDD; it's certainly a more attractive source than going the auction route.

Your note just was worded so that it sounded - to me - like you were implying that all eBay sellers of this item were sort of shady-sounding.

I see now that you were not, that you had specific auctions in mind. The one I participated in for MY Twin Peaks pilot did not fall under the circumstances you name: I paid with PayPal in US Dollars at no charge to me, I had confirmation of the auction in under an hour from people who gave me their full name, I had confirmation by noon the next day that the item was in the mail, and I got the item in 9 days (quicker than I get eBay-won items from Canada!), and I paid a price I considered fair ($12.49). Oh, and all this during the tail end of the holiday season, since my copy arrived on January 7th!

edit: I might also add that they had a great feedback rating to begin with, that they provided prompt and positive feedback for me, and that I was encouraged by this behavior to add to their positive feedback rating.

I might also add that a LOT of HTFers got this item via eBay, including Ron, with few if any problems that I personally heard about. Perhaps that is why I'm being defensive of the practice. I'm certainly no eBay seller except for a couple of items several years ago.

I notice you didn't link to the actual auction you are quoting. Any reason?

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I also got mine off Ebay from a HK seller in January (when the season 1 DVD set just came out and I wanted the pilot DVD then), took about 2 weeks or so for my copy to show up.
    It's not too tough to find the auctions that Bill was talking about, just go to Ebay and do a search on "twin peaks dvd". [​IMG]
    Instead of "questionable" I would have used "monetarily, temporally and logistically challenged".

7. Bill Balcziak

8. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

FYI: You can link to an auction that's already closed, but we frown on links to active auctions.