What's new

Twin Peaks Pilot Episode at DDD for $15.59 shipped! (1 Viewer)

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
As you know, the pilot is not available--except as an import. If you've been considering buying this from one of those questionable sellers at EBay, try Deep Discount DVD. They have the Taiwan import for $15.59 shipped!
Click here for details.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
That's okay info and all, but your use of the word "questionable" is, well, questionable. I had zero problems with my seller!

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
I got it from pokerindustries and I think I paid about $20 each, tought to rememember I bought 2 TP Pilots and a copy of redbeard for $53 delivered. That was back in Feburary and I still haven't watched either of them.

Seems like DDD would have been a better way to go.

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
Your use of the word "questionable" is, well, questionable.
Here's my definition of questionable:
"This item will be shipped from Hong Kong via air packets."
"Money Order and Cash need to address to Hong Kong."
The quotes above are copied verbatim from a seller who is listing dozens of Twin Peaks Pilot DVDs on EBay. If I'm going to buy a DVD--at any price--I am not too keen on sending my money via airmail to Hong Kong, and then waiting for the DVD to arrive from the same location. Frankly, the whole thing does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling--it makes me question the timeframe in which I will receive my disc, if I receive it at all, international shipping adventures being what they are.
In contrast, DDD is a well-known, domestic source for DVDs. From what I've experienced personally--and observed in the many positive reviews from others here and elsewhere--their track record appears to be solid and I would not give an order from DDD a second thought in terms of its on-time, safe arrival.
Bottom line? People are welcome to buy from any source they choose. :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Ah, I see.

I have no problem with anyone who wants to use DDD; it's certainly a more attractive source than going the auction route.

Your note just was worded so that it sounded - to me - like you were implying that all eBay sellers of this item were sort of shady-sounding.

I see now that you were not, that you had specific auctions in mind. The one I participated in for MY Twin Peaks pilot did not fall under the circumstances you name: I paid with PayPal in US Dollars at no charge to me, I had confirmation of the auction in under an hour from people who gave me their full name, I had confirmation by noon the next day that the item was in the mail, and I got the item in 9 days (quicker than I get eBay-won items from Canada!), and I paid a price I considered fair ($12.49). Oh, and all this during the tail end of the holiday season, since my copy arrived on January 7th!

edit: I might also add that they had a great feedback rating to begin with, that they provided prompt and positive feedback for me, and that I was encouraged by this behavior to add to their positive feedback rating.

I might also add that a LOT of HTFers got this item via eBay, including Ron, with few if any problems that I personally heard about. Perhaps that is why I'm being defensive of the practice. I'm certainly no eBay seller except for a couple of items several years ago.

I notice you didn't link to the actual auction you are quoting. Any reason?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I also got mine off Ebay from a HK seller in January (when the season 1 DVD set just came out and I wanted the pilot DVD then), took about 2 weeks or so for my copy to show up.
It's not too tough to find the auctions that Bill was talking about, just go to Ebay and do a search on "twin peaks dvd". :)
Instead of "questionable" I would have used "monetarily, temporally and logistically challenged".

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
FYI: You can link to an auction that's already closed, but we frown on links to active auctions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks