Twin Peaks LD Sets?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Stone, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

How are the quality of these. As a result of no release info on a Season 2 DVD set, I'm considering picking up the LDs. I'm not expecting them to knock me on my arse, but are they better than the lackluster VHS sets? Currently I'm watching Season 2 on crappy VCDs from a German TV station, so anything will be better than that [​IMG]

2. Christopher_J_F

Christopher_J_F Stunt Coordinator

The TP (US-NTSC AND Japanese) LD box sets are GREAT! After a rather muddy and overly dark set one (first season -which of course you would only need to buy if you are a completest like me [​IMG]) the quality GREATLY improved for the Second season (sets 2-4) Yes, the second season was broken into THREE sets.
    Comparing them to the ep-vhs set is like comparing the dvd's to it...
    You really cant go wrong, plus as soon as you get these they will announce the dvd's so everyone wins![​IMG]
    AND box 4 has the cooooolest cover!
    In Japan, season 2 was broken into 2 sets in these very beautiful slipcases w/ individual sleeves for each disc. However these will probably cost you quite a bit more.

I saw that you are looking for these in the Software for sale section - good luck!

3. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Sweet! I'm glad to hear that the quality is so good!

4. Aaron Reynolds

Aaron Reynolds Screenwriter

Aaron Reynolds
    Sheesh, where was this post last month? Harmony Records in Toronto had a pair of Season 2 boxes (I think the first two). I didn't buy them because I really only want the first season. Instead, I got the Chaplin First National Collection and the CAV copy ofCity Lights (both the '93 restoration discs from Fox, which I wasn't able to find copies of even in '93). I try not to go into Harmony, because they always have something I want to buy, and I really don't have any money right now.

Sorry!

Hey, Matt...what do you want to trade for a Criterion Spinal Tap? [​IMG]

5. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Is that sarcasm, or do you actually want to trade me a copy of Spinal Tap? [​IMG]

6. Aaron Reynolds

Aaron Reynolds
    Well, I have one, and I don't really find it as funny as I used to, and I'm not a hardcore, must-have-all-the-spine-numbers Criterion collector (though I pick up movies that I haven't seen on the strength of the Criterion label, because they're usually great)...

I'll trade it if you have anything that catches my interest. I'm looking for Errol Flynn stuff (especially the later WB pressing of Robin Hood or a non-colourized Captain Blood), Billy Wilder movies, Chaplin stuff (especially discs from the '93 Fox series)...

Really, I am looking for a lot of stuff, so it might be easier if you told me what you had that you wanted to get rid of. [​IMG]

I also have a copy of Gone With The Wind: The Making of a Legend that I don't need anymore. Oh, and a sealed copy of The Babe starring John Goodman. I ordered it because the online clearance vendor had it listed as "Babe", and I figured that if it wasn't the talking pig movie I'd still only be spending $1.99 on it.

7. richardWI

richardWI Second Unit

I second that about the TP laserdiscs. My season 2 discs do look sweet indeed, much less muddy than season one. Are they worth much money these days?

8. Aaron Reynolds

Aaron Reynolds
    At Harmony they were selling for $40 CDN each, I think. Harmony tends to have higher pricing.